PDA

View Full Version : D5 (D5244T to 2005) - Second hand D5 engine??

Bawwyt
Aug 21st, 2008, 11:51
Hi All, I have looking for a second hand engine for my wifes 04 S60 D5 and I found one at Volvo Breakers Preston and wonded if anybody had delt with them before? the guy seems genuine and and the price is OK so any feed back would be greatly appriciated, I wont go into the story of the problems I've had so I need the car fixed once and for without any headaches.

Thanks in advance..

Bawwyt

PS; If anyone knows of a good D5 engine available then let me know.

Laney760
Aug 22nd, 2008, 21:42
I can't promise but if I am not doing anything over the Bank Holiday I will source and post several links to suppliers of your engine second hand. I used to source on the net for a living, I managed to find myself a very good selection of engines for my 940 in just a couple of hours last week from different suppliers, one is terrific, a diesel D24tic with very low mileage from a written off car, guaranteed a non-smoker and it comes with a warranty for less than a few hundred pounds; it pays to shop around. (I don't want mine at the moment, I was just looking to see what was out there at what sort of prices). If I don't find time over this weekend I will try and post these links on here for you asap after that unless you've posted that you've got one

Laney760
Aug 24th, 2008, 17:49
Hi again

Don't have time for sourcing today but these are some of the sources I used

www.1stchoice.co.uk will distribute details of your wanted engine to lots of different dismantlers, etc.., I had a lot of replies, lots of variation in prices, conditions, warranties, some will deliver

www.volvocarparts.co.uk also got back to me very quickly

M N Spares, telephone 0845 8553319 (cant remember their location, sorry)

Laney760
Aug 24th, 2008, 18:07
http://www.findanengine.co.uk/

Laney760
Aug 26th, 2008, 23:20
check out:

http://www.breakeryard.com/aboutus.aspx

suppliers of used engines for your car