PDA

View Full Version : D24TIC - Any way to immobilise a D24T or any diesel engine

Laney760
Aug 26th, 2008, 23:14
I am weary of putting my 940 diesel in the garage every night, despite hammering out the bottom of the door it's still a nightmare, it will only fit in if parked in one exact place widthways (garage isn't truly 'square' building wise) and if completely parallel with the rear of the garage and even then it takes brute force to hold the door down whilst you lock the garage, my front bumper is suffering. It has to be locked away every night until I can afford a cat 1 alarm (have sourced a local supplier to supply & fit for £115 + vat, brill). I have to do this due to neighbours, they sabotaged my Nissan then stole my 740. My Dad suggested taking out the No 1 pump fuse but she still starts and they'd still get her so far down the road before she stopped and no doubt do all the damage they could to her. In the old days you could take the rotor arm out of a petrol engine. I guess if there's some easy way no one would need immobilisers/alarms but just in case there is a way.................... thank you

scottishvolvo
Aug 26th, 2008, 23:28
How about something like this?
http://www.autoregalia.co.uk/items/item.aspx?itemid=4593785

craig8661
Aug 26th, 2008, 23:44
easyist way to immobalise it is to find the pump switch feed on the pump itself no live = no engine run and it will not start it meens you have to lift the bonnet to do it or you could wire a switch into it

Laney760
Aug 26th, 2008, 23:45
How about something like this?
http://www.autoregalia.co.uk/items/item.aspx?itemid=4593785

Thats great! Thank you, will make life so much easier for me. She may be helped by going into the garage in very cold weather due to possible low compression/starting probs but thats a way off...

Laney760
Aug 26th, 2008, 23:47
easyist way to immobalise it is to find the pump switch feed on the pump itself no live = no engine run and it will not start it meens you have to lift the bonnet to do it or you could wire a switch into it

I think I may know where that is, will have a play around tomorrow, thank you.....

Laney760
Aug 27th, 2008, 13:42
Thank you Scottishvolvo and Craig. The pump feed was easy to find and sure enough she won't start after removal. I think I'll do that along with the battery gadget as well and then I'll feel secure (along with my steering crooklok and gearbox crooklok). They'd need so much time to sort this lot out and make a lot of noise.

SeanO'Connor
Aug 30th, 2008, 22:01
What about breaking the feed with a hidden switch to the starter relay?

Laney760
Aug 30th, 2008, 22:59
What about breaking the feed with a hidden switch to the starter relay?

Thanks, I have a good cheap auto electrician I use, yet something else I can do, although hoping to have my cat 1 alarm by next month. Tonight I got home dog tired, couldn't be bothered with the garage scenario, so she's parked up with gearbox and steering wheel crookloks plus feed to diesel pump disconnected in the brightest (ha ha) and most populated bit of the village near to me. I may go for a proper hidden switch to the pump and hidden switch to the starter relay though instead of alarm as it would be cheap with my spark. Thanks, learning lots on here. I guess it must be easy to install switches, perhaps will have a go myself, only way to learn.......

SeanO'Connor
Aug 31st, 2008, 09:38
Easiest and most inconspicuos way is to use an existing switch, you dont use, for instance front fog lights. Then take a fresh wire to the starter relay find the feed wire from the ignition switch, cut it, solder the first wire to the switch, then take the second wire to the switch, that way the relay will only energise when the foglight switch is made, no matter what position the starter switch is in.

Going back to stolen cars, When I lived at home with mummy and daddy I had loads of disposable income, and ended up buying big flash motors. Fitted with all the latest alarm immobiliser trickery, my Calibra turbo got stolen still.

Two months later my brand new saxo vts got stolen, again with all the bells and whistles alarm wise. If somebody want's it that badly they will take it. The guy in the car dealer (when I was buying my 3rd car in as many months!) told me about a ferrari in Meadowhall that was more secure than fort knox, all the thieves did was pour fairy liquid all round the tyres and dragged it up onto a recovery truck with a winch! Another story was regarding an rs cossie the guys knocked on a blokes door and pointed a gun at him and asked for his keys! So long and short if somebody wants your car they will take it!

Laney760
Aug 31st, 2008, 10:23
I know what you mean about if they really want it they'll take it. They want my vehicle whatever it is, stood guarantor for a 'friend', they let me down, got all my money back in court, now suffering 'payback', this has been going on for over a year. However, these are the teenage/20ish children & friends of the scum without much technical knowledge. They're laying off a bit now since the Police had words with them plus I've changed my tactics from passive to aggressive, eg very recently chased two car loads of them who were snooping round my 940 in the dark and got their car regs for the Police. It cost me a puncture chasing them on an unmade road but it was worth it to get their regs, they've not been seen in the area since this, lets hope it stays that way

So I think in my case the simple measures members are kindly telling me on here will be a great help, thanks..