PDA

View Full Version : Hello

GTMaster
Sep 26th, 2008, 18:16
G'day
Hi everyone, i'm GTMaster. I'm a proud owner of a 1992 Volvo 460 SE, 1.7 NA engined.I really like it, and as i've been looking around elsewhere, have seen that other people have commented about how comfortable they are. I have to agree :) Very reliable, luckily found one that wasn't a 'bomb'.
I've been recently been doing a little work on it lately, and there are a few things to do on it, nothing major though.
Thought i'd get into the world of Volvo's, and one day i'd like to own a 480 Turbo :)

Being my first post, I thought i'd start off with a question regarding my car: It has air conditioning (factory), and was wondering if it had a pollen filter. I've read the thread about '440 pollen filter', but was thinking that since it has A/C it probably would have a pollen filter. I've removed the glove compartment, nothing behind it, or under the dashboard on the passenger side. In the engine bay, above the firewall, where the fan sits there's nothing that resembles a pollen filter.
Thanks folks, hopefully will be able to keep in touch :)

Weezy
Sep 27th, 2008, 04:24
Cant help with your query but :welcome:to the forum GTMaster

B20F
Sep 27th, 2008, 19:13
The pollenfilter is situated on top of the air inlet above the firewall. There should be a tray in which the pollenfilter fits. If there is one you would have noticed. If there is no pollenfilter, put at least a made up filter over the airinlet. For example a pantyhose from your girlfriend. This will keep out all sorts of debris, leaves etc which will eventually block the water draining in the heater housing.

GTMaster
Sep 28th, 2008, 17:05
Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the tip. There's a plastic cover over the air inlet, but no filter underneath. Once or twice i had to fish out dry leaves from there, and i also used a vacuum cleaner as well :)
Thanks again.