PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Reagy_440
Nov 18th, 2008, 00:19
Hey all volvo lovers

i have been given a 1997 ( or 1996 ) white volvo 440 1.8i , lately i have getting the micky took out of me for having a such a well i qoute ' old and **** looking car ' most of my mates are into this little boy racers cars such as corsas and others road junk like that .... i dont think they understand anything about theses well crafted cars.

im thinking about maybe bring it abit up to date ( not with bodykits etc ) but nice and simple new spray due to abit of rust and getting it lookin a lot sportier looking with a spoiler which i have seen most models have look much better with them lol nice pair of wheels on them and tinted windows im not to keen on the black leather with no sunroof lol doesnt go too well with hot days

so any other idea on what i can do with my car please forward them

i will post pics of it soon as i have just joined this site ...

Weezy
Nov 18th, 2008, 03:15
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/8.gifReagy, we wont take the micky....... honest :tongwink:

doomvolvo
Nov 18th, 2008, 10:24
Hello. while I think the spoiler look is one way to go I would suggests a different route. Loose the spoiler, Body color the side stripas and the bumper inserts, Lower it, some nice alloys, tint the windows and keep it looking clean. No point trying to dress it up as a race car so keep it low and clean then you can cruise. The look goes better with the pre face models but it should still work. If a spoiler is still on your wish list there is the very low profile ones from the SE's that I had on my last volvo

Roo
Nov 18th, 2008, 12:34
Welcome.

Id go with a full bodykit but thats probably because i have one surplus to requirements lol.

Any older Volvo will get my look if its clean and obviously looked after. It doesnt necessarily need anything extra.

GTMaster
Nov 18th, 2008, 16:55
WELCOME fellow Volvo 400 owner :):thumbs_up:

Reagy_440
Nov 19th, 2008, 14:35
yeah that sounds better i alway like the 440's lowered just never put any thought to it well the model which i have is kinda sporty to be honest its white seen a few nice alloys that given me a good idea for what to put on it , also im starting the work on it so i will be uploading a few pics of it :)

volvo and proud lol

DarrenK
Nov 24th, 2008, 23:07
Welcome aforum - I'm only up the road in Coleraine. :)

Enjoying your new purchase then? I had a 480 which is in a league of it's own compared to the 440/460s but I've grown to appreciate them more over time. They look 'boring' standard but they can look really good with some modification.

I'd start with a nice set of original Volvo alloys followed by a lowering job. I wouldn't put fancy alloys on, instead get a genuine set refurbished and painted anthracite - that'll look real nice against the white body, especially if your thinking of freshening it up. Simple original spec spoiler, rear decor trim, anthracite grille colour coded to match the wheels and some front fogs. When modifying a car I think it's always great to start with original accessories / equipment.

Get us some pictures of your 440. :car:

Also, if your interested, the next Irish Volvo meet is coming up in December and your more than welcome to come along; most of us won't bite!
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=61774