PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Works Rally Cars

grap
Apr 5th, 2002, 12:41
Like many Amazon drivers/owners i am looking to Rally my car, I have a four door (unfortunately) 122s Rudspeed with most of the major Rudd modifications. It has a roll cage installed and I am about to have it checked over by a London Amazon Garage. However, i am interested in restoring it to the works or serious cometitors rally spec from the early 1960's, does anyone know where i can get pictures of the interior and homogelation details for such cars please?

I am also interested in locating several small parts to complete my build, namely, watches (analogue and digital), clocks and seats. I already have trips, belts, fire extinquinshers and maps etc.

I will be competing in UK short Rallies and the longer 5 day plus marathon events in Europe (possibly even china next time round). Any help appreciated.

Regards

Hat
Apr 24th, 2014, 08:49
Hang on, someone will be with you shortly.

Colonel Froth
Apr 24th, 2014, 09:08
:D lol.

agent_strangelove
Apr 24th, 2014, 17:18
Why is this revived? It's very old...

There is only one volvo works 122 that has survived. It's in private hands in Australia. It was raced up till about 4 years ago. It got to be too valuable so it was retired and a clone built.

But having said that, there are copies of homogelation papers floating about. The papers are nothing special, they are just photocopies of the stamped ones which some governing body holds...

The old 'Competition Services Catalog' is also a reference of what was available back in the day...

Chris

red122
Apr 24th, 2014, 23:07
i have homologation papers somewhere. What sort of seats are you after ?

My last amazon rally car completed the Peking to Paris in 2013

Andy the Aussie
Apr 26th, 2014, 03:55
Why is this revived? It's very old...

There is only one volvo works 122 that has survived. It's in private hands in Australia. It was raced up till about 4 years ago. It got to be too valuable so it was retired and a clone built.

But having said that, there are copies of homogelation papers floating about. The papers are nothing special, they are just photocopies of the stamped ones which some governing body holds...

The old 'Competition Services Catalog' is also a reference of what was available back in the day...

Chris

hey chris - whats the story with that car down here - i didn't know about that...

andy

Derek UK
Apr 26th, 2014, 11:35
http://www.volvoadventures.com/120works.html

Lots of info for you now you're back down under. Enjoy.