PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem

nickabel
Dec 5th, 2008, 23:41
Hi, I've got an annoying problem on my 1995 1.8 460. No power to the radio, clock, or glovebox light, and interior lights.

I've checked the relevant fuses and they are ok (tried them with a multimeter and also replaced them). I've also checked the relays in the relay box under the bonnet and they are all working. I've checked the wiring and everything is connected ok, no resistance. I've put 12v through the brown and red wire from the back of the fuse box to the radio and then everything works. I've checked the loom at the back of the fusebox thinking a wire had come adrift but everything looks ok. Could anyone do me a favour, and look behind their fusebox and tell me which wires are attached to fuses 21, 2, and 28 please. It looks as if the supply from the relays runs down the centre of the fuse box and then the supplies to components run from the outer edges, but there is a black connecting wire between fuses 21 and 22 which look as if it should provide a live feed, but turns out to be an earth. If all else fails I'll just have to connect from a known live, but I'm a bit reluctant to do this. The Haynes manual shows the radio powered by fuse 8 which is incorrect.

Many thanks,
regards,
Nick

M D E
Dec 29th, 2008, 15:52
Hi I had exactly the same problem and did the same checks ..... Yesterday I ended up running a new 12v feed direct from the battery to the non fused side of fuse no.22 which in turn feeds no.21. I now have power to all the equipment you listed.

I think there's a break in the main wiring loom so the Large Red wire feeding no.22 is also the supply to no.21. Once connection was made my info center also jumped into life ! ....Good luck !

B20F
Dec 29th, 2008, 20:56
Check if the brown wire behind the radio is still connected. It also feeds some dash functions.