PDA

View Full Version : 460 heated seats

stealthtuning
Mar 8th, 2009, 18:50
Hi all! Im new to the site and am on the scrounge for help allready! My problem is the drivers heated seat in my 460. Basically, it doesnt work! Its not the fuse, because they run off the same fuse as the lecky mirrors, plus there is no problem with the passenger seat. As far as i know the switch itself is ok as it still lights up when pushed but as im not 100% competent with electrical bits and bobs. Ive checked the basics and can see no probs but i didnt want to start taking out the wires and seats and OH MY GOD!!!!! Ive said too much!!! Any ideas?

B20F
Mar 9th, 2009, 08:42
In 99% of the cases the heatermat itself is damaged. Easy to repare with a soldering iron, not so easy to remove from under the clothing. First check if the connector under the chair gets current with a multi meter, contact and switch on and see if it gets 12v. If that is the case the heatermat is the cause and you have to take the seat apart to repair or replace.

stealthtuning
Mar 9th, 2009, 17:26
Oh!! that sounds a little bit excessive to me!!! Electrics are not really my forte! Neither is seat upholstering! Never the less i shall at some point endeavour to sort it. Thanks for that, at least now i know where to start!!:thumbs_up: