PDA

View Full Version : need more power!!!

stealthtuning
Mar 9th, 2009, 17:46
Hi all. I have a 460 1.8i si, (with the winter sports pack!! nice), obviously i am well aware that it is a renault engine, all be it built to volvo standards so better than a renault engine!!??? I have read through some previous threads which say the best way to put some more power down is to change the boat like suspension, however my engine just doesnt want to pull. It runs as sweet as a nut and its done about 127000 miles, it just feels to me like it has a distinct lack of power. (is it just me or are they all like that?), i love the car to bits and ive allready put an air filter on it which gave me a slight power increase, a noisy induction and a steep fuel bill!, just wondering if there is anything else i can do, like maybe a different head, convert to 16v if possible?? any ideas? thanks.

Clan
Mar 9th, 2009, 18:26
The B18U engine which you should have is a great engine , it should go pretty well and also return impressive fuel figures . Your best bet is the 2 litre or preferably the 1.7 turbo which will satisfy your needs ..