PDA

View Full Version : XC60 Discounts

Trident
Mar 15th, 2009, 21:41
Hi all - new on here today.
Just wondered if anyone out there had managed to get a discount on a new XC60?
What Car are quoting target prices around £2k below the list price - this seems unusual on a car with a 12 week wait list.
All comments welcomed - looking for ammo to take to the dealers next Saturday.

4wheeldriver
Mar 15th, 2009, 22:04
You could try dropping Tem a line. He's just bought an xc60 in last few weeks!

tem
Mar 15th, 2009, 22:33
Unfortunately,I dot not gt a discount.

I got mine on the 18th December 2008.
I did have something, around £700 reduction, in price, due to the drop in Vat, to 15%.

tem.

Doumac
Mar 16th, 2009, 08:11
When I was looking for a new 4x4 in Jan 2007 the XC90 I wanted was £38k, which was outside my budget. The same car a few weeks later was down to £34k.

When the initial demand slows then the good deals will begin. No car on the planet could induce me to pay full whack in this financial climate.

On a recent visit to my volvo dealer the salesman was telling me some deals he had just done. A V70 T6, top of the range, proper price £38k, with 6 miles on the clock, sold for £21k. He has a 1 year old S80 D5 Lux with 11k miles on the clock, price new £32k, yours for £13k.

Just a thought, but if you pay £30k for an in demand car just now, what will it be worth in 1 year when they are readily available and the forecourts have a second hand selection, possibly £18k, in this climate.

adambsmith
Mar 16th, 2009, 17:33
I got a £2k discount on my XC60. Was not difficult but I had the advantage of no P/X.

Also got three years' free servicing and 4.8% APR

John_C
Mar 16th, 2009, 21:07
Try a broker, Drive The Deal (www.drivethedeal.co.uk) quoted 10% off on a D5 SE manual.

tem
Mar 16th, 2009, 22:09
Try a broker, Drive The Deal (www.drivethedeal.co.uk) quoted 10% off on a D5 SE manual.

Manual?
That is why, they are discounted.
No Volvo Dealership in Scotland, would bring them in, as showroom stock. They have to be specially ordered.

tem.

John_C
Mar 17th, 2009, 00:04
It was just the first car I picked from the list, you get the same deal on the Geartronic as well. That includes 3 years free servicing too. The deal is conditional on you taking out some finance through Volvo though or add a grand to their quoted prices.

JackRussel
Mar 17th, 2009, 08:04
I have just placed a new factory order for XC60 D5 SE manual and received £5500 discount. This includes £1000 from volvo finance. Also received 3 years free servicing.

Trident
Mar 18th, 2009, 18:07
Great info thanks - I can now go to the dealer fully armed with the facts.

JackRussel
Mar 18th, 2009, 18:41
hey Trident, volvo are supporting the dealership to the tune of £2000, and as I say, if you use volvo finance and borrow at least £7000 they will also contribute £1000, so you should get £3000 without even trying. Anymore than that will depend on the dealership and your relationship with them. I have ordered 3 cars in 5 years ( 2 XC90s and now an XC 60 ) from the same dealership so was able to negotiate a good discount.

Cars ordered before the end of March are still receiving 3 years free servicing.

See my other thread about the new D5 engine. Apparently new factory orders will now be for MY10 cars and will contain the new diesel engines. The D5 has a price increase of £750, not sure about the 2.4D.

Good luck.

Trident
Mar 18th, 2009, 19:18
Thanks JackRussell - I did see your other thread about the engines - it answered the very question I was going to ask the dealer - I would defo want to get one of the new engines.
The finance option you took at 4.8% APR - I presume that is an HP deal rather than a PCP?
Also do you know over how long they would do the 4.8% over 2, 3 or 5 years?

JackRussel
Mar 18th, 2009, 21:15
hey Trident, the finance is 13.9 % APR over 2 years or 11.8 % APR over 3 years and is HP. I think this equates to about 5 % flat rate but I am no expert. 4.8 % APR would be a fantastic deal !

My order is placed for a D5 SE manual with metallic silver, leather, sunroof, front and rear park assist, heated seats, tints, rear centre armrest, luxury mats, boot mat, dog guard and fixed towbar. Total price £31978.

Good luck. Let us know how the negotiations go.

adambsmith
Mar 19th, 2009, 12:53
The 4.9% APR deal on Volvo's website is for a PCP. That's what I took mine on.

See http://www.volvocars.com/uk/All-Cars-MY09/Volvo-XC60/offers/Pages/retail_promotion_xc60.aspx

In the end the deal was shaved to 4.8% APR which is about 2.4% flat per annum

Trident
Mar 21st, 2009, 17:37
So had my test drive today in a D5 SE Lux - its very nice - I am totally smitten. The engine is pretty quiet and pulls really well. I was expecting something akin to a tractor after reading some of the press reviews.

We had a chat about prices on new XC60s and the dealer told me he would be unable to take any orders until mid April as the MY09 quota was all sold and the MY10 was not orderable yet as the price increases have not been confirmed.
He did his best then to sell me some current stock - but nothing quite matched what I am after.

So I later went to another local dealer - and they have a demonstrator that more than matches my requirements - so i'm just waiting for the trade-in price on my car. Then I can start negotiations on there demonstrator. Looks like I might be able to get a D5 SE Lux, (fully loaded with everything) for no more than a new D5 S and a few options. Fingers crossed.

JackRussel
Mar 21st, 2009, 23:20
Hey Trident, hope the negotiations on the demonstrator go well. Just for information, I have a MY10 XC60 factory order placed, still with £5500 discount and 3 years free servicing. £750 increase to list price, includes the new D5 ( 205 bhp ) engine. Delivery late June ?

Trident
Mar 23rd, 2009, 23:19
Hi JackRussell - you could say negotiations went pretty well - I now have an XC60 on the driveway. Got a good deal - the car has almost every option. Its a great car to drive.
Thanks for your help over the last few days. Bet you cant wait till June?

JackRussel
Mar 24th, 2009, 11:11
Hey Trident, congratulations on the new car. Sounds like you got a great deal.

Looking forward to June and getting rid of my XC90 and getting the new D5 in the XC60 :D