PDA

View Full Version : V40 T4 manual wanted

Paul251
Mar 27th, 2009, 20:12
I'm looking for a manual T4 if anyones thinking of selling, Paul

Volvonerd
Mar 30th, 2009, 17:12
Funnily enough I drove past one today - it's a purple one, nice wheels but high miles - 157k. It's hot the black bezel lights etc. I stopped to have a look, the seats are cloth and a bit stained don't know anything more about it but I can pop by tomorrow and ask for price etc if you want. My guess is it'll be going for a song. It's in my village a few miles outside Leeds.

Paul251
Mar 30th, 2009, 18:14
Funnily enough I drove past one today - it's a purple one, nice wheels but high miles - 157k. It's hot the black bezel lights etc. I stopped to have a look, the seats are cloth and a bit stained don't know anything more about it but I can pop by tomorrow and ask for price etc if you want. My guess is it'll be going for a song. It's in my village a few miles outside Leeds.

Sounds good, If you could find out how much it is that would be great. Or even get a couple of pics for me :hidesbehindsofa:
What year was it if you remember ?
Leeds is only about 40mins from here so would be great if it was the right price.

Thanks Paul

Volvonerd
Mar 30th, 2009, 18:23
Paul, it was an X reg - it looked in need of a serious valet, which is a good sign in my book. I reckon the guy woul take an offer but I'll swing past tomorrow after work with my camera and also get the price he wants. The price he'll get will obviously differ! IMO it's worth £1500, but you know what traders are like. Saying that, he's more of a mechanic than a trader and the few cars I've seen for sale have been at a good price. I'll keep you posted.

Paul251
Mar 30th, 2009, 18:30
Paul, it was an X reg - it looked in need of a serious valet, which is a good sign in my book. I reckon the guy woul take an offer but I'll swing past tomorrow after work with my camera and also get the price he wants. The price he'll get will obviously differ! IMO it's worth £1500, but you know what traders are like. Saying that, he's more of a mechanic than a trader and the few cars I've seen for sale have been at a good price. I'll keep you posted.

Nice one , Cheers mate

Volvonerd
Mar 31st, 2009, 17:58
Paul

I've just been round to have a look at it - he wants £1500, I'd get it looked at by someone (unless you know your stuff of course) as he gave me a bit of a story about the service history. Saying that, mine came with a story about service history and in the end it all checked out. Bodywork looked pretty smart to be honest, I reckon it'll come up really nice. I don't think it'll stay around for long as I was managing to haggle the tax out of him as well. I've take quite a few pictures for you and I've got the guys phone number - if you PM me I'll e-mail them to you. Rich