PDA

View Full Version : Aircon - Isn't quite..

Danneh
Apr 4th, 2009, 18:01
Cold enough! I've had it re-charged/re-gassed etc. Although it's pretty good, on pretty hot days, it just doesn't seem to give a really good chill factor, so you really notice the cool, cool air. It's turning on fine etc, compressor powering up etc.. just not got that "ooooh" feeling. Don't get me wrong, it's works well compared to without, it just doesn't feel as if it's performing at is should?

Anyne got any ideas what I should do? Anything may need changing? Servicing of something or other to give that "ahhhh!" factor, instead of that "thats nice" factor? :)

EDIT:

1997, P Reg, Volvo S40 2.0i, CD.

Danneh
Apr 5th, 2009, 12:24
No1 then? I don't think it's been 'serviced' if you like.. Mind you, the last owner didn't use it for a year or something before I re-charged it and put a new fuse in.

the alarming man
Apr 5th, 2009, 12:31
No1 then? I don't think it's been 'serviced' if you like.. Mind you, the last owner didn't use it for a year or something before I re-charged it and put a new fuse in.

i would service it first as you can catch a nasty virus from unserviced air con(i caught one a few years ago...thought i was dieing lol).....could just be a very clogged filter?????:thumbs_up:

cumbrianmale
Apr 5th, 2009, 13:05
If it wasn't used for over a year then the seals could have perished. As stated get it serviced, as they will drain your system and check it holds a vacuum then sterilise it and refill.

Danneh
Apr 5th, 2009, 15:00
Well Kwik Fit did it for £45, (or free - another story 4 another time).

Thye used a the machine, checked for leaks, and then re-charged it completely to the recormended amount.

As they used the special machine thingy, w/e it is, and the told me they checkeed the system... What else could need doing? IF the seals were perished, wouldn't it show up as a leak and they wouldn't be able to re-charge it because it would have de-tected it, and for legal reasons?

Btw, it doesn't give off any odour what so ever etc, it smells and feels clean. Just not as cool as my dads V70. (55 plate mind you.. dnno if it's better?)