PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Volvo 480 Turbo Auto aka The Charger!

Roo
Apr 7th, 2009, 21:07
Well Im putting this up for sale/gauging interest as I've moved on from 480's and I'd rather see it being enjoyed as it was intended than sitting on my driveway waiting patiently.
So, the car: Its a 1995 Volvo 480 Turbo Auto in white. Over on the 480 europe forum this is a well known car being owned by Steve (catgroom) prior to me. It is one of the best handling 480's i've ever driven (ive driven a few!) primarily down to Steves fastidious attention to the suspension components ie springs, bushes etc. When I bought it, although the running gear was solid, the body and interior was becoming tired. Cue the breaking of my 480 which was sitting at 80k miles but was very tired with regards to bushes, suspension and the rear arches had seriously gone. I swapped over the full interior, front wings, doors, bonnet, nosecone and bumper. All of which is documented here: http://volvo480.dragons.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14247&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Just read through the thread and you'll get the idea or pics here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v387/Roo/The%20Charger/?start=all
Now, the charger has a gearbox leak which i have attempted to fix but it still leaks and uses gearbox oil frequently. The intention was to remove the auto box and replace with my manual gearbox. I have all of the required parts to do this.

Also available is the 80k engine still sitting on its subframe with gearbox, suspension, brakes etc, a few spares like a virtually new alternator, starte motor, etc

So whats it worth? Well with a weekends work i firmly believe it would pass an mot no problem. with some tlc it could be a VERY presentable 480. Arches are virtually rust free by the way. It had a new windscreen a couple of years back (professionally fitted by my brother so no bare metal exposed or bodges covered up!) and he commented on how clean it was under the screen area.

Its got to be worth £350 with the spare engine as well? The chargers service file is huge! and I can prove the spare engine mileage too.

Save a 480!

reevio
May 12th, 2009, 21:48
is this gone