PDA

View Full Version : Un/leaded head

johnjp
Apr 10th, 2009, 00:04
Can I tell, externally, if the head on my B18, Amazon, has been converted to run on unleaded - numbers or summat?

Clan
Apr 10th, 2009, 09:27
Not unless someone has stamped something on it .. I would just use unleaded with an additive , depending on your type of driving it could be many years before the valves give trouble , and when and if they do , get the modifications done then ...

AidanC
Apr 10th, 2009, 13:51
Keep an eye on your valve clearances - once they're not closing up regularly then all is probably well.

classicswede
Apr 11th, 2009, 14:13
From previous experiance with the B18 and B20 there is no need to have a head converted to unleaded as such. Do a search on my posts about the subject.

TomG
Apr 12th, 2009, 22:01
I've always run mine on unleaded, never used any additive and she's never missed a beat, bullit proof ;)

Amazonites
Apr 15th, 2009, 09:34
Covered almost 2000 mile's on unleaded but use a 4star additive has become a little tappety but told not to worry

classicswede
Apr 15th, 2009, 21:27
Covered almost 2000 mile's on unleaded but use a 4star additive has become a little tappety but told not to worry

If vsr was occouring then it would not become tappety. If vsr does occour teh gaps close not open. The tappety sound could be a case the the tappets need adjusting (if the noise is there all the time). If you only get the noise under load then the timing needs to be adjusted.