PDA

View Full Version : VOC Merchandise

kev240
Apr 11th, 2009, 17:47
Can someone advise me where to order a 'Driver' Magazine Binder ?, the club shop has closed, and the E-Bay sales site that has replaced it does not list a lot of VOC merchandise,
binders,car badges, pens, keyrings, tax disc holders, etc all seem to have vanished from the listings.
Thank you,
Kevin.

Laney760
Apr 11th, 2009, 18:28
Can someone advise me where to order a 'Driver' Magazine Binder ?, the club shop has closed, and the E-Bay sales site that has replaced it does not list a lot of VOC merchandise,
binders,car badges, pens, keyrings, tax disc holders, etc all seem to have vanished from the listings.
Thank you,
Kevin.

The shop says it will be open again in a few weeks with completely new merchandise, surely they will still have the binders then?

https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/merchandise/index.html

kev240
Apr 11th, 2009, 19:13
Thanks for that, I was under the impression that on reading the article in the 'Driver' everything had been moved to E-Bay.
Cheers,
Kevin.

cumbrianmale
Apr 11th, 2009, 20:25
Kevin

All the merchandise has been outsourced, might be an idea to drop a line to one of the directors, Chris Wickers seemed to know a bit about it at the AGM.

cumbrianmale
Apr 14th, 2009, 21:48
Found them (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Volvo-Owners-Club-Sales) for what it's worth.

Citizen.Agfa
Apr 14th, 2009, 22:42
Found them (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Volvo-Owners-Club-Sales) for what it's worth.

Not very Volvo specific; where's the mugs, the stickers, the clothing?

Not too impressed, I must say.

Citizen Disappointed.

$hed
Apr 14th, 2009, 23:50
haynes max power! COME ONE WHATS THAT ABOUT is this the saxo owners club
or did one of the BOD get this for christmas

kev240
Apr 15th, 2009, 09:54
Thanks folks, I had found this site as well, but where is all the Volvo Owners Club merchandise ?????????????
Not very impressed at this very poor selection, could really be any E-Bay Shop and not one for the Volvo Owners Club, give us our stuff back !!, please .
Kevin.

st5ve
Apr 15th, 2009, 11:05
I think the Volvo merchandise will eventually appear however it may take some time in setting up, these things normally do. I would suggest to use this thread as a suggestion box as to what you would like to see for sale in the Volvo shop.

I think the BOD are trying to cut down on the admin burden and costs of holding stock etc.

I would like to see a bit more clothing, like Jackets, fleece and body warmers, t-shirts key rings, wallets ring binders. I would also like to see the return of car mats perhaps with the VOC logo, wheel caps, various VOC car stickers, owner manuals, VOC member number plates.

JimDay
Apr 15th, 2009, 11:39
I would like to see a bit more clothing, like Jackets, fleece and body warmers, t-shirts key rings, wallets ring binders. I would also like to see the return of car mats perhaps with the VOC logo, wheel caps, various VOC car stickers, owner manuals, VOC member number plates.

Thats a very extensive list you have there Steve & all valid I think, but there maybe a problem with the number plates what with the new laws on what you can & can't have on your plates these days.

st5ve
Apr 15th, 2009, 12:15
Thats a very extensive list you have there Steve & all valid I think, but there maybe a problem with the number plates what with the new laws on what you can & can't have on your plates these days.

You are right Jim the legislation on what can and can not be on a number plate is very specific thesedays, however when having number plates made up you need to supply proof of identity and V5 etc, so perhaps it would be more hastle than its worth and that is why it the VOC are no longer available

Chris Wickers
Apr 15th, 2009, 22:35
Club merchandise is something I am very passionate about, and if I didn't have to work for a living, it is something that I personally would very much have liked to take on.

I will try to answer all of the points raised, and also give my own personal opinions.

There has unfortunately been a delay for various reasons (work commitments & illness) which has meant that all the VOC merchandise everyone was expecting, was only actually collected by Classic Merchandise today.

I can fully understand about the comments on the current offering, and would wholeheartedly agree with them. Hopefully all the usual VOC items will be back very soon!

I note all the suggested items, and (with the exception of number plates which are a nightmare to administer) would agree too.

Regrettably there will some delay in the new items being added, as obviously they have to be produced.

I am also very well aware that Steve Evans WOULD APPRECIATE suggestions for new items to be added to the range.

It is also important not to detract in any way all the hard work and effort put in over the past few years by Clare Rowlands. However as a relatively small purchaser the VOC did not have economies of scale where as by buying for several Clubs, hopefully it will be easier for Classic Merchandise to introduce a lot more products, and without any financial risk to the VOC.

Classic Merchandise come highly recommended, and in my opinion the display at the NEC for Mercedes was most impressive.

I also understand that later on this year we will also have our own dedicated webshop.

Chris

Alpha206
Apr 15th, 2009, 22:44
You are right Jim the legislation on what can and can not be on a number plate is very specific thesedays, however when having number plates made up you need to supply proof of identity and V5 etc, so perhaps it would be more hastle than its worth and that is why it the VOC are no longer available

We did have a way of administering the club numberplates in that club officials could authorise them having viewed the required docs; I believe the reason the VOC stopped doing them was the quality of the product was poor - I have a set on my car and they've started delaminating.

cumbrianmale
Apr 15th, 2009, 22:53
I am also very well aware that Steve Evans WOULD APPRECIATE suggestions for new items to be added to the range.

Perhaps he could be persuaded to register as a trader on the forum and engage with his market and customers.

Chris Wickers
Apr 15th, 2009, 22:58
Good idea - now why didn't I think of that!

Will contact him.

Chris