PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard indicator light not working

eric168
Apr 12th, 2009, 17:09
hey guys,

my indicator light (green arrow) on the dashboard doesnt work. so i need to replace the bulb but i have no clue how to do that.
do i need to take the whole dashboard trim thing out to get to it?

any help on how to get to it would be great, step-by-step is even better!!

thanks alot in advance.

eric

chippie
Apr 12th, 2009, 20:18
First, disconnect the speedo cable from where it plugs into the engine. There is a pin you have to pull out, then the cable pulls out.

Then remove the dash surround. You will need to prise out the headlight dial and switches, and unplug the cables from the back of it, then unscrew the actual surround. About 6 screws if I remember correctly.

Then lower the steering wheel to it's lowest position and you can get the surround out of the way. It's quite a tight fit.

Then undo the screws holding the dash in (two screws on the right in a white plastic bracket) and then pull the dash out, making sure the speedo cable is pulling through.

It is a tight fit and I had to encourage my instrument panel out with a large flat screwdriver on the left hand side where it sort of clips in. Then change the bulbs, and check they all work before refitting the instrument panel otherwise yoiu have to do it all again when you realise you forgot one of the bulbs!!

eric168
Apr 16th, 2009, 12:02
do i disconnect the speedo cable from inside the car or under the bonnet? if so were is it?

thanks alot i'll have a try later when i get the time.

thanks for the input.

eric

eric168
Apr 16th, 2009, 16:23
hey thanks i found the cable and now sorted out the indicator bulb. had to get a new one with the metal casing as it was soldered onto the bulb.

thanks chippie!