PDA

View Full Version : 440 td cm module for remote reprogram.

carl4u44
Apr 15th, 2009, 21:50
Having tried to reprogram a remote for the car I first done the self diagnostic test on setting one. Its throwing up the faults (2-2-1 and 1-1-4), CM faulty and Fuse or ground terminal (locking).

1) where is the CM box? Is that the brain?
2) Anybody any ideas?

Further more I have obtained the method on how to do the remote programming but can anyone clarify this again for me on this thread?

As I say its a 440 td model. All door solinoids close and open using key and internal button so I know there working. The 'new fob' is the square type, rf i believe, with two buttons - 'lock and unlock' but it came off a later S series model (s40). Are they the same in comparison to the 400 series? Never had a remote on this before and Im confident i'll get it working...

cheers all :thumbs_up:

carl4u44
Apr 20th, 2009, 22:43
hmmm in my case the 440 I have is the basic of basic models...not even heated seats or electric windows etc. Im wondering if it even has a cm box for the remote?

PAZ3154
Apr 24th, 2009, 13:53
the S/V40 remote fobs look the same but won't work with your system. later 400's had remote locking and immobilizer fitted as standard.the control modules were very prone to going faulty as well. what year is your vehicle?

carl4u44
Apr 24th, 2009, 18:39
Its a 96 model, the face lift one too. Thing is im not sure what the key fob looks like, and by rough chance I ordered one from the bay that also fits the s models. Its the square type with only two buttons, will try and get a pic up! cheers

B1LL440
May 26th, 2009, 15:58
i have the same problem i have a 440 on m reg which is facelift and my 2 keyfobs dont work?? any ideas anyone? tryed replacing batteries and followed such steps as hold both buttons down for so long been through all of that, only thing i can think of is take it to dealer to get fob recoded.

carl4u44
May 26th, 2009, 20:07
Yet to try this again but let me know anyway. This info was found on here.

440/460

Procedure

1. In the under bonnet diagnostic socket, connect fly lead to terminal 1 lock and unlock the vehicle using existing remote

2. Switch ignition on

3. Press test button on the diagnostic socket 4 or 5 times, LED illuminates and stays lit.

4. Press button 3 times, then 4 times and then 4 times again

5. Press the unlock button on the first remote

6. Repeat the programming procedure for additional remotes. 4 remotes maximum

7. Turn off ignition then test.

carl4u44
May 26th, 2009, 20:27
It works!!!!!

Initially press led button 4 or 5 times at start untill the led illuminates. Follow the sequence. In my case nothing happened untill I switched off the ignition!

By the way I never had any other key fob for this so ignore the above key fob bit if your starting from scratch.

Happy days so thats my remote locking sorted!

carl4u44
May 26th, 2009, 21:05
Now that im on a power trip :lightbulb: with regards to reprogramming the 440 keyfob, im now wondering if the same can be applied to my 480??. Has anyone ever heard of remote central locking on a 480???

Adi2727
May 28th, 2009, 16:23
Congratulations for the job!

Have you found the CEM or do you know were those fault codes are stored?

I have the same car as you, 1.9td, 1996 and i'm dealing with a problem from the immobilizer led. It flashes rapidly (~5/sec) and I know that this means "fault in the system".
...I don't know what/where to check. :err:

carl4u44
May 28th, 2009, 18:40
The CEM is above the fuse box I believe. Never needed to touch it, however I reset the diagnostic box and no fault codes came up (1-1-1). Then reprogrammed the fob a few weeks later.

If the central locking button in the car works then there shouldnt be any fault. Worth a try to reset it first...

Try this site http://www.am.torun.pl/%7Eja/

Adi2727
May 29th, 2009, 08:43
Thanks for your answer.
I erased the fault codes, got the 1-1-1 code, but after one test ride the codes appeared again. The car works fine, everything works, except that annoying immobilizer led from the dashboard... witch is still beep-ing.

carl4u44
May 30th, 2009, 10:29
Ok run the diagnostic check in socket one again and find out what the fault codes are. Then cross reference them to the site and find out what it is. Could well be an earthing fault or fuse? All door solenoids work etc?