PDA

View Full Version : help with V5s

AcidicDavey
Apr 17th, 2009, 20:46
does anyone know how to change the name on a V5 after the owner on it has died? I am the owner's son and he un-formally gave it to me before he died without a will or anything like that. Is there a certain form available from the local post office or something?

yh it's been sorted now (I hope). someone Pm'd me link

JimDay
Apr 17th, 2009, 20:59
does anyone know how to change the name on a V5 after the owner on it has died? I am the owner's son and he un-formally gave it to me before he died without a will or anything like that. Is there a certain form available from the local post office or something?

I would check out the DVLA website or give them a call,

Is your mother still alive

I know when my dad died back in 1981 the car becam my mums property even though my dad did not leave a will but it all had to go through probate have you tried talking to your family solicitor, once all was sorted by probate my mum could sign the logbook to sell the car

keithyboy
Apr 17th, 2009, 22:12
I had to sort this out for my Mum when my Dad died. His was further complicated by him being registered disabled so it involved a trip to the LVLO (or whatever they call them these days). I spent more time queueing with cheapskates registering their grey import Enos roadsters than I did at the desk.