PDA

View Full Version : Dealership comparison

GMcL
Apr 22nd, 2009, 21:51
I don't think I will complain about Volvo dealerships again after what I have just seen on my wifes new Citroën and the professionalism shown by one of its dealerships.
The car was retro fitted yesterday with rear park assist. Plenty of people have managed it on various Volvo's themselves and made pretty clean installations of it.
Have a look at these photos at what factory trained "technicians" can achieve.

The first one is of the speaker which is supposed to be hidden away behind a panel - two self tappers into the rear D pillar trim.
The control unit has been hidden away where you cannot get to it to adjust the volume or sensitivity.
And the wiring just has to be seen to be believed...Guess where I'm going to be at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

Sometimes Volvo don't seem so bad.

migrator
Apr 22nd, 2009, 23:59
What's the problem? Seems like a few bits of gaffer tape and "the job's a good 'un". :)

Seriously, though, it looks a bit amateurish.

GMcL
Apr 23rd, 2009, 06:21
What's the problem? Seems like a few bits of gaffer tape and "the job's a good 'un". :)

Can't wait until they have to do something with CANbus.

keithf
Apr 23rd, 2009, 09:55
What a mess!! An independant garage would have done a better job.
Mind you, Stevie Wonder could have done a better job than that!! Surely all that unsecured wiring, underneath and by the speaker is dangerous?

GMcL
Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:02
I had negotiated the fitment of the sensors as part of the sale earlier this month.

When my wife went to pick the car up on Tuesday they tried to get her to pay wait for it....487€ for this piece of automotive artistry...

Bernard333
Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:31
I know looking at these photos we are laughing at some poor mechanics hard days work but lets get him on TV he should be good for a commedy show , I dont know about charging 487 Euros I would seriously want them to pay me compensation if it were my car for devaluing it and to cover the cost of getting someone else to put it right , I know watchdog covers the UK only but is there a european version you could get them entered into ?

GMcL
Apr 23rd, 2009, 11:00
I dont know about charging 487 Euros I would seriously want them to pay me compensation if it were my car for devaluing it and to cover the cost of getting someone else to put it right

They've only created a headache for themselves.
I didn't actually buy the car, only leased it so they have the problem of shifting it when it's three years old and looks knackered. I photographed it before and after their handywork so they can't pass any costs on to me.

The car will keep going back until I am satisfied it's been done right. I've got a bit of time on my hands these days so they will seriously be sick of the sight of me...

Danneh
Apr 23rd, 2009, 12:25
Seriously?

Give them the biggest headache ever. Even I could do a better job than that, and I suck with fixing cars.. ;)

Robbijay
Apr 23rd, 2009, 12:38
Whoever installed it wants sacking. end of story.

S40_Paul
Apr 23rd, 2009, 13:41
That is truly shocking. Our local autosparky is spot on, wired in fog lights on my old car direct to the original stalk even not just a random switch on the dash (On a X Reg Clio)

I would of refused to pay straight away and wouldnt leave till it was rectified. And people wonder why independants are proving better than Dealers...I still find it shocknig thats a dealer.

GMcL
Apr 23rd, 2009, 14:13
I would of refused to pay straight away and wouldnt leave till it was rectified....I still find it shocknig thats a dealer.

The money was paid as part of the original argreement so no money actually changed hands on Tuesday. The agreement I had with the garage was I paid for the hardware only so didn't pay even half the 487€ which was produced on Tuesday.
Maybe I could have got it cheaper as there appears to be enough wiring to do three cars :)

Unfortunately, it was my wife who went to collect the car with our two little 'uns. It wasn't until she mentioned the speaker being a little too loud and I started poking around that I discovered what had been done.

I wonder how many other cars are driving around with this standard of workmanship ?

My wife now has a replacement Picasso until they call me to confirm the work has been done.