PDA

View Full Version : Removal of Front Spoliler from 2005 S60

Paul Fitzpatrick
Apr 23rd, 2009, 17:57
Does anyone know how to remove the front spoiler from the rest of the bumber assembly. I have managed to remove the four studs but am not sure how to go about releasing the dozen or so clips that are attached to the spoiler.

PAZ3154
Apr 24th, 2009, 10:33
does your car have the sport body kit fitted? if so the spoiler should be retained by plastic headed pop rivets. these will have to be drilled out

Paul Fitzpatrick
Apr 24th, 2009, 12:32
No it is just the standard factory fitted spolier for the 2005 S60 D5 SE. I have already removed the four plastic studs from the underside of the spoliler and am now wondering how to unclip the dozen or so clips that fasten the spolier to the rest of the bumber assembly.

Many thanks,

Paul

PAZ3154
Apr 24th, 2009, 13:26
yes i know the one you mean now. on that type the clips are integral with the spoiler. the spoiler just pushes into the bumper from the front and the clips expand to retain it,a bit like door trim clips.to remove it you'll need to pinch together the lugs with a pair of pliers or similar whilst pushing the spoier out towards the front. a bit of a pain as like you say there are about 12 of them. the only time i ever took one off was to replace it with a new one so i just broke the old one out. hope this helps

Paul Fitzpatrick
Apr 25th, 2009, 00:11
Many thanks.

I am also attempting to replace a damaged spoiler so I might try and follow your lead by breaking the old one out, as long as this process doesn't damage the rest of the bumper.

PAZ3154
Apr 25th, 2009, 11:19
should be ok. i sort of loosened the old clips first by twisting them about with pliers. then i managed to lever out the spoiler with a plastic levering tool which we get from volvo.almost all of the clips snapped doing this.the front bumper assembly is quite flexible and there was no visible damage to any of the holes once the spoiler was off. the new one clipped in fine in about 10 seconds :)

Paul Fitzpatrick
Apr 27th, 2009, 18:34
I will give it a try.

Thanks again,

Paul