PDA

View Full Version : Main Dealer Turning Away Work!

st5ve
Apr 30th, 2009, 12:00
I was not expecting that! I booked my 854 R in at my local Volvo main dealer. I wanted the wishbone bushes done and the breaking system up rated to the 302 discs with the police spec pads. I phoned the dealer on Tuesday and arranged for the car to have the work done tomorrow, I gave full details of the work I wanted and the car was booked in.

I received a call the next day to say the brakes I wanted was a modification and may not fit under my alloys. I said you have the details of my car which has 17 inch alloys therefore the upgrade will fit. He then went onto say I may have to sign a disclaimer as it is not a recognised modification, I stated that was fine and I am prepared to do that if they so wish.

Received a call today Thursday to say they cannot do the brakes for me as the 302 discs are meant for the 70 series not the 850 series, therefore they do not have the authority according to Volvo guidelines to carry out the work. I don’t think this is health and safety gone mad, I think the service department needs to be in the real world and keep up with current practice.

My local main dealer is Rider and they are a great bunch and I will continue to use them, they do tend to stick to the norm and anything out of scope they tend to leave. This is a shame as they loose business, I would love to educate them, not to shove it in their faces but so others including myself can benefit from their otherwise exceptional customer service

GMcL
Apr 30th, 2009, 12:43
I think it must be standard Volvo practice. I had a similar experience last year when I wanted Polybushes installed on my S60. Main dealer turned me away, had the work done at an Inde.

AndysR
Apr 30th, 2009, 19:36
Would they fit the parts if you supplied them? There reasoning is understandable for a car under manufacturers warranty but not for a 13 year old 850....???

st5ve
Apr 30th, 2009, 23:09
The parts are all genuine Volvo, wishbone bushes, discs and pads carriers etc, they were going to supply the parts and fit them. I am at a loss why they would not fit them. I am still going to have the bushes done and get the discs and pads at a later stage.