PDA

View Full Version : General: - Exporting a Volvo

naasaa
Apr 30th, 2009, 18:53
Hi

I consider importing a car from UK to Denmark.
Is there obstacles, or troublesome, procedures in doing that?
Exporting from on EU country to another.

Thanks
Lars

Adi2727
Apr 30th, 2009, 19:07
Hello, Lars

There is no problem to import a car from UK.
You will need to check the laws from Denmark, regarding this affair.
I don't know if you will be able to register a right wheel car (if you want to register it).

Good Luck! :thumbs_up:

capt jack
May 2nd, 2009, 12:09
Judging by the number of LHD Polish cars around here, within the EU it can't be too difficult to move a car from one country to another!

Jack

GMcL
May 2nd, 2009, 13:31
What you will need is the CoC (Certificate of Conformity). With that you should have no difficulty moving from one country to another within the EU. Volvocars should be able to supply you with one for your model.

arcturus
May 8th, 2009, 20:55
However, Some eu countries have there own laws which over ride EU regs. for instanc to import to portugal you must be able to show that you have owned the vehicle for at least 12 months prior to exporting and prove that you have resided there during that time, continuously.IE a full 12 months utility bills, atm withdrawal slips etc.It took me almost 12 months to do mine plus a cost of almost €1000 in fees. The vehicle must meet the local construction and use requirements. dip Lights point the right way. rear fog light on left of car. Tyres must be the same front and rear. Make shure that the chasis number is correct on registration paper.I had one typo error on mine and it took ages to sort out. BTW. import duty on my 940 would have been €12000 if i had not been able to satisfy customs that all legal trequirements hAd been met. the customs put every obstacle in the way to prevent you avoiding import duty. B warned.