PDA

View Full Version : Nothing's changed

MissDMeanor
May 5th, 2009, 18:58
I am shocked, appalled and disgusted at a recent rather hypocritical decision by the VOC forum mods.

Last year there were a lot of problems on this site due to a banning of a negative experience someone had posted regarding a garage. This forum was closed down for some time and a new set of moderators put in place to ensure freedom of speech and a sensible, balanced approach towards moderating content.

I was vociferously against banning of negative experiences and ultimately have been banned from VOC membership as a result. The reason why I was so vociferous is because I have my own horrific tale which tells how I’ve been financially ruined and my once beloved car has been forced off the road – I knew that one day I would be able to recount what happened to me so that others could be informed/warned.

Unfortunately a lot of speculation and fabrication about what’s happened to me over the last couple of years has been put in the public domain and I’ve been ‘slaughtered’ which made it even more important to me to be able to tell my story, inform potential customers, and get the truth out there. This has all been incredibly upsetting for me which makes my post even more important as it clears my name. I’ve never posted any details about my story anywhere before as it was an ongoing legal battle.

Although very long, my post was factual, not breaking any rules, could all be verified……but guess what, it was taken down.

Absolutely nothing has changed :(

scottishvolvo
May 5th, 2009, 19:22
Hi MissD, I did get the chance to read your post and, although, it was quite long it was very well written, seemed to have a lot of facts and, in my opinion, could have been left up for a chance to reply from the other parties.
Unfortunately the situation would just keep going round in circles and nothing would be solved.
Personally I do not see any difference between this situation and another that was very well documented in various other forums quite strongly. In fact, in the other situation the other party have not even given their side of the story, making it totally one-sided.
I am sorry to have heard that you have had to abandon your fight due to financial reasons and hope, in the future, your bank balance recovers

hobbyhorse
May 5th, 2009, 20:14
A lot of people are watching this thread but little comment as yet, bargepole comes to mind ; not to worry I'll stick my toe in the water, coz I'm a bit mouthy too ;)

Hi Miss D, firstly I know nothing of your history here & have not seen any of your posts. It seems you have a grievance that you want to air, but I must ask: did you win the legal battle ? if not why are you bringing it here & what do you hope to achieve ? I only speak from experience & have found this forum to be a most helpful, friendly place & I wouldnt hesitate to help you also :)

MissDMeanor
May 5th, 2009, 20:27
A lot of people are watching this thread but little comment as yet, bargepole comes to mind ; not to worry I'll stick my toe in the water, coz I'm a bit mouthy too ;)

Hi Miss D, firstly I know nothing of your history here & have not seen any of your posts. It seems you have a grievance that you want to air, but I must ask: did you win the legal battle ? if not why are you bringing it here & what do you hope to achieve ? I only speak from experience & have found this forum to be a most helpful, friendly place & I wouldnt hesitate to help you also :)

Hi HH

I ran out of money before I could get this as far as court which is why I can now go public with what's happened.

As in my original post my reasons for going public - to inform/warn potential customers and, what has become a necessity in my particular case, to tell the truth of the situation and clear my name.

The problem I had was not unique - there was a known problem so it's very likely someone else will be in the same boat as myself.

Although I've been bullied, by continuing to speak out I sincerely hope that the traders in quesiton never treat a customer like this again for fear of it being made public.

MissDMeanor
May 5th, 2009, 20:33
I've tried to thank you ScottishVolvo but it seems I'm banned from thanking too;) Nah, it's bloody AOHell.

But, thanks

scottishvolvo
May 5th, 2009, 20:41
Although I've been bullied, by continuing to speak out I sincerely hope that the traders in quesiton never treat a customer like this again for fear of it being made public.

I think this is now the best you can hope for.

MissDMeanor
May 5th, 2009, 20:45
I think this is now the best you can hope for.

Yes, and if it prevents one person from going through the hell I've been through it will have been worthwhile :)

hobbyhorse
May 5th, 2009, 20:49
Yes, and if it prevents one person from going through the hell I've been through it will have been worthwhile :)

Tread a bit carefully MissD, legal bods love defamation, praying mantis styleee :)

MissDMeanor
May 5th, 2009, 21:01
Tread a bit carefully MissD, legal bods love defamation, praying mantis styleee :)

Thanks for the concern, HH.

I think defamation has to be untrue - which in this case it isn't.....and I'd love the opportunity to tell a judge what they've been up to. Somehow I doubt I'll be receiving a defamation/libel summons ;)

the alarming man
May 5th, 2009, 21:18
Thanks for the concern, HH.

I think defamation has to be untrue - which in this case it isn't.....and I'd love the opportunity to tell a judge what they've been up to. Somehow I doubt I'll be receiving a defamation/libel summons ;)

i wouldnt fret too much as if i do not recieve a satisfactory outcome from a V.O.C supplier tommorow there might be another banning in the offing...i mean dont the V.O.C vet these suppliers????:thumbs_up:

pettaw
May 6th, 2009, 06:46
Please take this as a final warning to all concerned, these type of posts are against the forum rules. Please keep it to PM. and see the Forum Rules for further details http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/rules.html