PDA

View Full Version : 480 Window motor repairs.

drivesavolvo
May 21st, 2009, 13:50
After many years involved with volvo cars i found a way to repair 95% of 480 electric window motors.
This is a gauranteed repair and return service.
IF the part is repairable i will give 12 months warranty on the repair and will return deliver within 4 days of receipt of your motor to repair.

The cost of repair and return is £45.00

Please e-mail me for post address on sakeje@tiscali.co.uk

Regards.
Keith

Please Note. 440/460 elec window motors cannot be repaired in this way.

cecilia57
Oct 11th, 2012, 18:24
Are you still able to repair window motor?I love my car however it seems to die in the wet.Had mechanic over as now stuck on drivejump stared after drowning it in puddle last Friday.I was jump started in heavy rain started her next morning let her idle for a while but she died.Mechanic says i have no spark suggested I scrap her or try replacing 3 parts for which i was quoted nearly £300 and a wait on the off chance it might solve the problem.love her have full history only 68m on clock long mot etc can you give me any advice?

glasgowjim
Oct 12th, 2012, 18:32
Hi cecilia

My son drove his turbo into what he thought was a shallow puddle !!! turned out to be 2 foot deep ripped off the rear bumper and flooded the engine !!!!

The tried starting it the next day and it kept cutting out unless I used the accelerator plus there was coluds of "smoke" from the exhaust I really feared the worst but after a few days the moisture dried out and the smoke decreased , didnt even do a compression test the started and I ran her gently for little distances after a week the car was back to normal.

By all means dry the distributor cap the alternator should dry itself ( a gentle blow with a hair dryer on low heat might help but a warm room is far better).

Easy to test for spark suggest you register on the 480 club europe site as thats the dedicated site for 480 s

for goodness sake dont scrap her !!!!
your mechanic is likely to be too pessimistic

apologies for typos.....