PDA

View Full Version : Glass sunroof sliding cover thingy

Tibbsey23
May 23rd, 2009, 20:40
Does anyone actually use theirs?

Being as it was so beautiful out today I have as you would expect had the roof open, and it occurred to me that since first opening the sliding shutter thingy I have never closed it!

I realised that actually with it shut the cockpit feels a lot smaller, and with the tinted glass it really makes no difference to glare

So am I really the only one who feels that this is a superfluous piece of trim, or am i missing the point (as usual)?

Robbijay
May 23rd, 2009, 22:16
I tend to have mine closed if the sun roof is closed, as it shuts out a lot of wind noise.

testmonkey
May 23rd, 2009, 22:57
Like robbijay1 I always keep mine shut when the sunroof is closed.

I believe the purpose of it is to stop sunlight coming in through the sunroof and therefore help prevent heating the interior up in good weather though I could well be wrong.

Chris740R
May 24th, 2009, 01:50
This thread just makes me envious. Someday I'll find a glass roof to replace my dark as the night metal one.

940SportsEdition
May 24th, 2009, 15:23
Chris I have no idea if the 940 glass ones are the same as the metal ones, but there is one in the local breakers with a glass roof in it, as for the blind thing, I keep mine shut all the time except if the roof is open, but sometimes have it closed when the roof is tilted.

Tibbsey23
May 24th, 2009, 17:21
Well I was quite prepared to be the oddball on this one (as usual) and it would certainly appear to be the case :)

Perhaps I will do some miles with it shut and see how I get on in the dark!

s60
May 25th, 2009, 14:53
On all my other cars that I have had sunroof i always kept the blind open but for some strange reason i have always closed it on my s60.

nouze
May 28th, 2009, 12:46
I tend to have mine closed if the sun roof is closed, as it shuts out a lot of wind noise.

Same here, at some speeds the wind noise can be rather annoying if you don't have it closed.