PDA

View Full Version : help wih getting in the car.

phillip odonoghue
Jun 5th, 2009, 14:39
my wife has a 1994 440 1.8 auto and she absoluty loves it. the problem is today the key fob would not unlock the car and when she went use the key to open the car it only opened the driver door. when she got in the car the alarm went off but she couldn't turn the alarm off as the key fob didn,t work. eventually she managed to turn it off and locked the door. she tried taking the battery out of the fob and pressing both buttons but that still didn't work. she does have the other set of keys and the fob but the car didn't like those either, any ideas any one.

carl4u44
Jun 5th, 2009, 17:02
Firstly I would replace the batteries in the fob, then, using the self diagnostic box under the bonnet reset the alarm/immob as well as reprogram the fob. While your at it run the diagnostics and check to see if it throws up any faults.

All the info for this is in my last post '440 td cm module for remote reprogram' with a link to a web site on how to do it! easy peasy lol

phillip odonoghue
Jun 5th, 2009, 17:59
thanks but all sorted now, my wife called the recovery people and it had a flat battery due to our lovely children playing with the interior lights.:thumbs_up: