PDA

View Full Version : C30 Manufacturing Problem?

TonyM
Jun 6th, 2009, 17:12
I don't know if anyone can enlighten me but I ordered a new C30 DRIVe at the beginning of May and was initially given a delivery date of 10th July. I am now told that the delivery date has gone back to 8th September.

The reason was intially given as demand exceeding expectations but, on talking to the salesman subsequently, the start/stop technology was mentioned. He was a bit vague so I don't know if this means there is a technical problem with this or a shortage of parts.

Its very frustrating, especially with the vagueness of the salesman so I am wondering of anyone else has heard any more definite information?

gillberry
Jun 6th, 2009, 17:24
Hi not necessarily the same but I ordered an xc90 yesterday expecting a 6-8week delivery as has been the case with the xc60's on this forum only to be given a delivery date in early september . Could just be coincidence or volvo are having delays all around ?

Paddler Ed
Jun 6th, 2009, 18:06
Simple answer: The Volvo Factories (in common with many other European manufacturers) shut for a month in July, so cars ordered at the begining of June which would normally appear at the begining of August will arrive in September (which allows for the 4 week holiday)

This is something that has always gone on rather than a money saving measure; the Swedes hated the 1st August registration change as they had to make the cars before they went on holiday!

(By the way, my parents are running a C30 drivE at the moment; he's finding it quicker than the 2.0 or the 1.8 petrol or the 1.8D that they've had before it and is getting 55mpg from it without too much effort, so tis worth waiting for!)

TonyM
Jun 6th, 2009, 18:41
Thanks for that - a pity the salesman didn't tell me the truth !

Yes, I'm looking forward to driving it. Its replacing my 1999 V40 1.8 (140,000 miles). Totally reliable but considerably more expensive to run than the C30 DRIVe (in theory)