PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Tax Disc

st5ve
Jun 12th, 2009, 09:12
I had my tax disc stolen and would you believe it DVLA charge £7 for the privilege of applying for a duplicate! If it’s not bad enough you have had to put up with some tea leaf and their greasy paws stealing said item and causing damage in the process. But you have the task of reporting it to the police (in rural locations are hardly ever manned) then you have to apply in writing or visit your local DVLA to have the indignity of being charged for all the hassle that the thieving gypsy has put you through.
Sigh all the teddies have been thrown out the pram rant over!

tt82
Jun 12th, 2009, 10:22
i know many bikers never displayed there tax dics due to it being too easy to steal, preffered method was having it in wallet when using the bike. and with todays computerised systems, if you have disc in the window they can easily check if you have paid or not but i believe it is an offence not to display it

Paul240480
Jun 12th, 2009, 11:54
Yeh 'failing to display' is the offence, if you have the disc 'elsewhere'.

Tea-leafs have a lot to answer for, hate em'!

Don't be surprised if 'old bill' come knocking for a statement in a few months after they've found your disc in some dodgy motor...................

Gazdok
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:11
What are tea leafs - other than the obvious meaning?

JackRussel
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:24
What are tea leafs - other than the obvious meaning?

Thieves.

st5ve
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:58
They are making it harder to get refunds for excise licence, due to tea leafs nicken said disc then getting refunds. DVLA under new legislation will not take downloaded insurance documents (printed from your own printer). Made me think my insurance company email all my docs to me and I beleive more and more companies are doing this to save costs and part of the greener campaign. So if you have any dealings with DVLA that will require you to show insurance docks remember they wont take copies.

Back to theft of tax discs I cant really see why anyone would want to nick one now as it is difficult to get a refund, ie you have to show that you are the legal owner. Driving without tax you will get a fine, driving with a tax disc for another vehicle is fraud, far worse offence and with todays police systems it is getting harder and harder for these scroats to get away with these type of offences. Just shows how thick they are!! OOOPPSSSS I started throwing my teddies around again.

migrator
Jun 12th, 2009, 15:46
How can the DVLA tell if the document came from your own inkjet printer or from the insurance company/broker inkjet printer?

st5ve
Jun 12th, 2009, 16:08
How can the DVLA tell if the document came from your own inkjet printer or from the insurance company/broker inkjet printer?

How true, I don't know how they would know

keithyboy
Jun 13th, 2009, 01:20
DVLA haven't seen paper docs of any sort from me for years as I always tax on-line. Given there is a computer system that shows whther your car is insured it's hard to see why they would give a **** how the insurance cert was printed.