PDA

View Full Version : 1.8 engine

modman
Jun 14th, 2009, 09:51
wamted ive got a 1.6 but im gonna swap it to a 1.8.

modman
Jul 7th, 2009, 16:18
still needed.

bertuk
Jul 10th, 2009, 11:17
my mates got a full s40 for sale as spares or repair, with an exellent 1800 engine not the GDI full leather thrust bearing on the clutch is noisy and it has been slightly vanal amage on the paint work has mot and tax would make an ideal donor car for the engine and other bits ,lights etc alloys,wood dash trim

bertuk
Jul 10th, 2009, 11:18
that should read vandal damaged its this keyboard playing up:thumbs_up:

modman
Jul 12th, 2009, 19:50
how much does he want

Chrisoftheday
Jul 13th, 2009, 14:34
What would you want for your 1.6 when you remove it? Is it serviceable or are you changing it because of damage/wear? And - if you have an idea about this - what would it cost to swop out my seized engine for a replacement?

many thanks

Chris

modman
Jul 15th, 2009, 19:20
im getting my old man to replace the engine at his garage in notts, i could get a quote for you if you want.
as for my engine it needs the vvt thing replacing and the crankshaft oil seal replacing easy enough while the engine out but im gonna replace my engine with the 1.8 as its a straight swap just makes sense although my 1.6 does still impress me i just want a 1.8 for when ive got the car fully loaded.
so the engine will prob get scrapped but it is servicable.

Chrisoftheday
Jul 21st, 2009, 16:28
A quote would be really useful at this stage - as I haven't a clue - and would then determine whether it's worth doing.

If you could let me know I would really appreciate it - I'd rather get the info from someone with a knowledge of Volvos than any T,D or H.

VVT ? could you explain (is that an expensive repair?)

Thanks

Chris - Email: chrisgday@blueyonder.co.uk

modman
Jul 22nd, 2009, 11:57
i think the part was about 100ish plus labour wich you need a special tool to do the job for me its just better to switch the engines, i like my 1.6 and its quite nippy but if im swapping engines i might aswell go for the 1.8 as its a straight swap wich im hoping to get done on monday. salvo here i come.