PDA

View Full Version : any ideas to solve my fuel problem please

phatmendus
Aug 8th, 2002, 21:23
i wrote a message a while back reffering to my p1800e having an exsessive fuel consumption problem at around 15 miles to the gallon, and the message seemed to have gone astray? If anyone has any ideas i would be very greatful, as i have now checked every sensor going to the ecu, which all seeming to have the correct resistances, or are working correctly. i have replaced the ecu with another one, this has not solved the problem. So i finally took my car up to "Amazon Repairs" in oxford, (who were extreamly helpful, and i felt, gave a genuine interest in the problem i was having, and genuine effort in trying to solve it.)but,although both the garage and myself replaced the wrong pressure regulator with a genuine one, they, like me, could see no obvious reason appart from that for there to be a high fuel consumtion. So to cut a long story short i cannot see what else to do, the only sign is that the exhaust gas has an obvious over rich smell, appart from that the car runs well? any ideas please!

kwerrett
Sep 24th, 2002, 22:36
Contact me on 01305 820700 and I will tell you how to sort it.

Karl Werrett CAE MIMI
K5 Automotive