PDA

View Full Version : Tuning parts...

TomG
Jul 9th, 2009, 22:17
Hey y'all,

I'm after a bit of info please, i'm lookin at gettin a B20b engine so i can put the engine that belongs in my car back in. Now, i want to give the engine a propper goin over before i put her in, port and polish etc.

Now, i would also like to make the motor a bit special, and i'm stuggling to find up-rated / tuning parts, like VW has Empi, what do we have. I know there's Ruddspeed, but that seems to be whole cars, and single parts are now rarer than hens teeth. There's also Ellemann-Jakobsen, now i've got a feelin they're still goin, but i'm not really sure what they do.

Any info would be appreciated,

Ta

classicswede
Jul 9th, 2009, 22:20
If you want information on tuning the B20 best bet is to give me a bell and I'll expain some example and engine builds.

Without knowing the intended purpose of the engine its hard to give an example build up.

asneddon
Jul 10th, 2009, 08:22
Well, I've always had in the back of my mind what I would do if I won the lottery.
2.5L stroker engine from here (http://www.v-performance.com/products/engine.html). With ported head and all the bits of course.
Supercharger from here (http://www.v-performance.com/products/supercharger.html) and a 6 speed box from a mate back in NZ who builds boxes for rally cars.

TomG
Jul 10th, 2009, 20:08
If you want information on tuning the B20 best bet is to give me a bell and I'll expain some example and engine builds.

Without knowing the intended purpose of the engine its hard to give an example build up.

No real purpose in mind, just wantin the get the most out of what i've got with original or period performance parts if possible. I'm not lookin to make an under 10 second 1/4 miler or anything daft like that, the poor girl wouldn;t take it, but the engine i've got, (90bhp out ofd the factory if i'm not mistaken), is a flier, i had her over a ton on the motorway when i went to newquay for run to the sun.

So, when i get the B20b engine i just wanna get it as good as i can before droppin it in the car. 118bhp i think from new, it'd be nice to try and get most of that back. i know the motor's gonna do alot anyway, with the twin su's and the bigger cam, also puttin overdrive on is gonna help no end.

Really, what i don;t want is just another B20b engine, i want a little bit extra, just to make it a little bit special, make it my own, i just think the car deserves summit under the bonnet to match the looks.

...clear as mud? ;)

jimbo1593
Jul 12th, 2009, 20:41
have a look at www.kgtrimning.com, they seem to do a lot of proper tuning stuff.