PDA

View Full Version : Amazon USA eBay

Derek UK
Jul 18th, 2009, 22:54
Not for the faint of heart. A bit of work and this would be a REALLY nice car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320400272528

Moosejaw
Jul 18th, 2009, 23:08
WOW!!!

I'm not a huge fan of the matt black paint but that is a really amazing looking car. I love what he's done to the interior with the black cloth on the doortrims, headlining, shelf etc...

Thank God ebay don't do 6% finance here like it shows on the US site, I'd be in the poor house!

TomG
Jul 18th, 2009, 23:28
Oooooof, thats insane!! Did have a rusty anti-roll bar thought, i would have thought he could have made a bit more effort ;)

Steve and his 244
Jul 19th, 2009, 00:02
That is actually the cleanest car I have ever seen...I hope he has a personal valeter employed! I would not like to have to keep all that clean!

jakobandhismakarov
Jul 19th, 2009, 02:38
That is an interesting piece of kit, and probably the nicest custom Amazon I've seen. The majority of rodded 120s tend to look like half arsed rip offs of '49 shoebox Mercurys, 'because Amazons look a bit like Mercurys', but they can't carry the modifications and chromework because they're too narrow, and look a bit odd IMHO (I don't mean to cause offence when I say this). This one doesn't get disfigured because the owner wants it to look like something else.

Keen on the satin black paint, always wondered what mine would look like in satin grey. Works on the bumpers too, which is weird

Some of the other details are delicious, like the use of OEM seats but trimmed in leather, and the standard door cards redone in Alcantara, and that bias belted crossply spare!

What I don't get is how he's painted all of the brightwork and then stuck some bling chrome wheels on - Americans seem to have an obsession with chromed wheels on any car that's vaguely 'custom'. If it had been me I'd have lobbed some ARE 200s on it - they've got a chrome lip but fat spokes that could have been satin blacked.

Steve has a point though - why is the ARB rusty when the rest of it's so polished? Bit odd.

Cracking link Derek - thanks for sharing.

lizardking
Jul 19th, 2009, 12:09
No faults to pick,that's just a wonderful thing as it is

Blue 8
Jul 19th, 2009, 12:33
No faults to pick,that's just a wonderful thing as it is

100%

I would not even want to guess how much time and money that has had spent on it.

if that's your sort of thing that's one wonderful piece of machinery/art/motor.

archieboy69
Jul 19th, 2009, 13:12
My girlfriend just saw it over my shoulder and thought it was burnt out lol......

The thing that lets it down for me is the grilles, needs the earlier 3 piece set, but other than that NICE!!

Derek UK
Jul 19th, 2009, 20:30
Jon. The wheels are, apparently, Boyd Coddington specials so I bet they didn't come cheap. However, you could have a set of ARE's and another set of Centreline smoothies ready and waiting in case your mood changed.
Yes, shame about the rusty bits, think it might have got knocked about a bit when he had it tracked up?

classicswede
Jul 19th, 2009, 20:40
A lot of it is the basic custom mods done and they do work well on amazons. Th attention to detail is realy good all exept the track rod ends and te bottom of teh steering box. With everything else all so clean they stand out.

As to the wheels personlay I would have used the early solid wheels again painted black just to keep it looking smooth. I'd also not have bothered with the bonnet strip but I can see the apeal of it in red.

Very nice car, I'll be interested to see what it does get bid upto.

Alf ista
Jul 20th, 2009, 19:09
That is seriously cool. Glad he didnt chop it to look like a Mercury. And I actually like the dash top with just paint wrapping into the doors. The little rod details like 8 ball window winders and radio dial buttons are neat too.

Lucien
Aug 5th, 2009, 14:30
Wow. $18,099. Big money.