PDA

View Full Version : Amazon: - where to buy locking fuel cap for a '67 Estate?

phholden
Jul 30th, 2009, 17:22
Guys, does anyone know where I can get hold of a locking fuel cap for a '67 Estate?
I tried online the catalogs at Scancars, VP Autoparts and Brookhouse to no avail, and the nice chap at Amazoncars said that they were unavailable.

thanks

Paul

ClassicVolvoShop
Jul 30th, 2009, 17:30
Well... If you really want the correct estate version of the locking fuel cap, you are in for a very serious longtime search - I can help you.. ?..

If you just want a lockable fuel cap - you can use the regular ones you see from time to time on eBay etc. The penta-shaped WASO cap - comes both with and without Volvo logo - and beware of sellers who can't verify it's for an Amazon - they look very much the same for the 140 series, SAAB and others.

CVI Automotive have them new with logo.. (http://www.cvi-automotive.se/webshop/?article=277360)

222s
Jul 30th, 2009, 17:45
Correct ones are rocking horse poo. Try phoning people like Tony Barrett, Chris Hart, Brian Gue etc,, as they might have a second hand item.

I have seen Amazon estates with the saloon locking caps fitted, but imho it really doesn't look right. Those caps also stick out quite a way when fitted to the estates, making it potentially rather vulnerable to being knocked.

Also, be aware that 140 / 160 series chrome locking caps look very similar in photos to Amazon estate locking caps, but the 140 / 160 series item won't fit, as the Amazon petrol filler pipe is wider. On the 140 series one, the circular part is slightly domed and the 'handle' is a separate part, whilst on the Amazon, it is flat & the 'handle' is integral.

phholden
Jul 31st, 2009, 14:05
thanks for the information guys..I also then had a look at your picture gallery Paul and could see what the correct one should look like!

John Crosskey
Jul 31st, 2009, 22:42
yes cvi-automotive or motoroldies in sweden check out there web site or phone stig at cvi for original part..johnnypv