PDA

View Full Version : V50

theoldbuffer
Apr 14th, 2005, 10:34
Just collecting my new V50SE 1.8 today, as this is my first Volvo I would welcome any relevant hints or tips for new owners and in particular the V50.

anj
Apr 15th, 2005, 20:42
Reject it if its the usual standard from Volvo it will be a pile of crap & keep on letting you down costing a fortune. Stick to a reliable mark like Wartburg in future!!

Im serious

theoldbuffer
Apr 17th, 2005, 08:50
I did say relevant

Darth Paul
Apr 18th, 2005, 10:25
We took delivery of a new S40SE in March, and I have to say I'm very impressed so far. Drives well, especially on the motorway, very comfortable to sit in, looks great. Nothing has fallen off yet, and the stereo is great. Only nag is that the centre console buttons are a tad small and when changing into 1st, 3rd or 5th, I sometimes hit the fan/aircon knobs. We were torn between the S40 and V50, but either is a great choice I reckon. Enjoy.

Engie
Jan 3rd, 2007, 19:23
I would be interested in what you think of the 1.8 ? And the distributor that you bought it from ?

:car-smiley-031:

wincste
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:48
Also new to Volvo having had an Audi A4 SE 1.8 for the past 6 years. Picked up my brand new Volvo V50 SE 2.4i in December and am very pleased with it. Have had no problems (so far) and would recommend it. As previously posted, they are very comfy with a very smart looking interior. I too would also be interested in hints and tips form existing owners.

seany
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:32
We took delivery of a new S40SE in March, and I have to say I'm very impressed so far. Drives well, especially on the motorway, very comfortable to sit in, looks great. Nothing has fallen off yet, and the stereo is great. Only nag is that the centre console buttons are a tad small and when changing into 1st, 3rd or 5th, I sometimes hit the fan/aircon knobs. We were torn between the S40 and V50, but either is a great choice I reckon. Enjoy.

Sounds like someone has a case of BIG HAND DISEASE :wink2:

MY buddy in work has had his now (S40 1.8 S) for 6 months and has had no problems with the car at all. In fact, as a Volvo convertee, I think he's smitten.

(Reading the above post ..... Wartburg ... WTF?!?!? :errrr: )

seany
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:33
hmmm ... just noticed when this thread actually started...... I'll get ma coat :speechless-smiley-6