PDA

View Full Version : New V50, Commnets Please

scooby_simon
Jul 1st, 2005, 22:23
All,

Don't come here much, but I'd appreciate a little info, my dad is just about to sign on the line for a New (Sept) V50 2.0 Turbo Soot Chucker, anyone got any bad points. He loves the shape, the torque and the 6 speed 'box.

Thanks

Simon

Rooster
Jul 1st, 2005, 23:05
I've got one for 4 days last week to go on a training course with and i wasn't over impressed with it, it wasn't that bad to drive but i found the 6 speed box annoying i seemed to be forever changing gear all time.

Saying that it was better than a new shape s40 i had a few months back to go on a traing course with, its a 120 mile trip and i had backache by the time i got there, not sure why cos the only differance was the v50 had leather interior and s40 didn't.

Power wise i found it quiet livly for a diesel and it managed 120 before it started to run out of steam and after 500mile it was doing around 42mpg.

Darth Paul
Jul 4th, 2005, 14:52
We have an 05 S40 2.0 D SE and we love it. The torque is vast, the six speed box very pleasing. Delightful interior (though woefully short on storage space) and amazing sound system. Looks great on 17" wheels. Alot of wind noise from front doors (will be going back into Mr V for this one) but that's the only issue. Lovely car. We nearly got the V50, but the wife changed direction at the last minute!