PDA

View Full Version : V50 2.0 Diesel Fuel Gauge

lackabane
Oct 3rd, 2005, 09:58
Bought from new a V50 SE 2.0 litre diesel. Very nice car to drive but have one relatively minor issue with it.

When the fuel gauge reads absolutely empty, i.e. Light on and the needle resting contently on empty. On refilling, I am only get 42litres into the tank. Being a 55litre tank there is obviously something up.

The dealer has had it back and made some changes in the tank without correcting the problem. He thinks its a known issue without mentioning the fix required.

The cars in for its 20k service soon so would like to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Tom.

GorgeousGeorge
Oct 3rd, 2005, 11:02
tom

have a squint over here, seems an tank showing empty isnt !!

http://www.vvspy.com/w-agora4/view.php?bn=volvospy_s40newubb&key=1122932416&first=&last=0

cheers

scott

narbuckle
Oct 25th, 2005, 19:28
Hi,

I have the same problem/comment. It's the same for all V50s I think - together with the much poorer fuel efficiency. I can't believe that there is still 12 litres in the tank when the guage is showing empty and the light has been on for days. I have no trip computer, so have to go on sight and nerve alone. Even so I have rarely put in more than 40 litres....

It is a nonsense if Volvo can't trust owners to work out when to visit the garage to buy diesel. At this rate my wife is going to think I'm having an affair with the bird at BP....

Cheers,

Niall

MACMAN
Oct 26th, 2005, 20:20
Hi

I have also had the same problem with the fuel gauge on my V50, when mine was showing full when it was in fact empty. Just to advise that the problem is software related and Volvo have issued a fix in the last 10 days according to my dealer. (MRG Chippenham Wilts) My car has been fixed today(hopefully) and I will advise if any further problems.

Regards

Paul