PDA

View Full Version : 480 ES 2.0 Ltd Edition 1993 For Sale

Ben Plunkett
May 3rd, 2010, 16:48
480 ES 2.0 Ltd Edition 1993 For Sale

A good runner that has been looked after but has been SORN for the last few years. Shortage of space unfortunately means that I can't keep it any longer.

It has the numbers 480 in it's reg. no. and has the limited edition green & silver paintwork with half leather seats.

Any volvo enthusiasts interested?

Ben

capt jack
May 3rd, 2010, 17:50
480 ES 2.0 Ltd Edition 1993 For Sale

A good runner that has been looked after but has been SORN for the last few years. Shortage of space unfortunately means that I can't keep it any longer.

It has the numbers 480 in it's reg. no. and has the limited edition green & silver paintwork with half leather seats.

Any volvo enthusiasts interested?

Ben

Yes, but we'd need to know more - mileage, history, pictures and price would be useful.

Cheers

Jack

Ben Plunkett
May 3rd, 2010, 18:56
Yes, but we'd need to know more - mileage, history, pictures and price would be useful.

Cheers

Jack

Mileage is approx. 118,000

3 owners before me; I've owned it for the last 6 years and my Dad did for 4 years before that. Been regularly serviced until it was taken off the road (only taken off the road as I bought a new car, thought I'd keep the 480 in case it appreciated in value but now need the space).

Attached pictures are from just before it was taken off the road. The car is in good condition; only a very small amount of rust on one of the wheel arches and no-where else, only damage to the bodywork is to the front spoiler. While it's been off the road it's been up on blocks & under cover.

In terms of price I've no set figure (not really sure what it is worth), just wanted to offer it to Volvo enthusiasts with the view of getting a fair price.

capt jack
May 3rd, 2010, 20:14
What's worth? Well it depends on how much effort you're willing to put into selling it.

You're in Keswick and the car is undriveable, which makes it impossible to test drive and expensive to transport to anywhere. I know Keswick is beautiful but it's a long way from well, everywhere really! For the car to be trailored away it would cost the buyer around £1.50 per mile, maybe more.

The pictures you've put on here show the car how it used to look several years ago......but that ain't now! Given that's a Sherpa van in the background, and it's showing no signs of rust, it must be quite an old picture!!!!

480 buyers tend to look for certain things:

Colour, model, engine, gearbox and interior are all important of course, as are mileage and service history. 480s rust around the rear arches, the pop-up headlights and windows stop working, the on-board electronics play up, especially the on-board computer, the boots leak and the rear lights go foggy.

Be honest about these things and serious buyers will take notice.

Wash and polish the car and clean the interior. Take some good digital photos showing the front, rear, sides, interior, boot and engine bay. Think of it from a buyer's point of view and make sure that there's enough detail for someone to commit to a journey to see the car.

Consider putting the car in for an MoT. Provided you're insured it is perfectly legal to drive a SORN car to and from a booked MoT test. If it passes then you've immediately added £00s to the car's value.

Think about your advertising options. On here is good, but we already own Volvos we love, so the target market is small! The carandclassic.co.uk website is good and free, as is classiccarsforsale.co.uk. There is also a dedicated 480 owners club with a good website.

Ebay is an option but you risk being messed around a lot. Autotrader tends never to have much in the way of older cars anyway - and it could work out expensive.

Information to include in your advert would be: engine size, gearbox auto or manual, details of service history, number of owners, length of time owned, details of work done and or required, state of service items like tyres, exhaust, brakes, etc. Your honest assessment of any problems, but be accurate. Statements like 'wouldn't take much to pass MoT' don't sound very convincing! Missing or non-functioning accessories and trim etc are not necessarily an issue provided that you're open about it from the word go. No-one is impressed if they travel a fair way only to find the car has something significant missing the vendor 'forgot' to mention. Things like engine warning lights fall into that category too!

And so to the value....

As it stands I reckon you'd be lucky to raise more than a couple of hundred - if that. Maybe a bit more than scrap value, but take into account the transport costs.

With an MoT, assuming the car is capable of everyday use and doesn't urgently need major surgery, spruced up, some good piccies and an honest and detailed description, then the high hundreds should be within reach.

Good luck

Cheers

Jack

Ben Plunkett
May 3rd, 2010, 20:29
Thanks for taking the time & effort to go into so much detail Jack!

heyskull
May 15th, 2010, 21:17
How much do you want for the car as it stands?
I can pick up as i'm nearby.

SC

Ben Plunkett
May 24th, 2010, 19:41
How much do you want for the car as it stands?
I can pick up as i'm nearby.

SC

Sorry for the delay in responding, been away for a few days. I am looking for about £200 for the car as it stands. As you're local you are very welcome to come and have a look at the car and see what you think. Let me know if you do want to and I'll give you some contact details etc...

Ben

heyskull
Jun 11th, 2010, 08:00
Did you get my PM?
Is the car for sale still?

Thanks
SC

Ben Plunkett
Jun 20th, 2010, 12:23
Did you get my PM?
Is the car for sale still?

Thanks
SC

Yes the car is still for sale, have sent you an email and a PM.

Let me know if you're interested and I can give you some contact details etc... and you're very welcome to come and have a look at the car as you're nearby.

Ben

244T
Jun 20th, 2010, 17:06
Hi, I have opened this thread on numerous occasions hoping you had been on here of late, and now you are.... I am also interested in the car, could you please contact me 07800 996 357

Thanks Andrew

Ben Plunkett
Jun 23rd, 2010, 20:48
Car is now sold.