Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   My First Volvo. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=206076)

phatboy130 Jul 16th, 2014 22:21

Was it you in the Yodel van going past Morrison's in KB about 2.45pm today, was walking home but only saw back of van as it went past lol!

Purdydog Jul 17th, 2014 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevonMarc (Post 1689142)
Just pulling into my drive tonight and I heard a metallic clink... Upon investigation it seem's the n/s wish bone has snapped!!!!

I can't believe it!!

So I'm now hunting internet lad for a replacement pair.

Not amused!

Marc if it's close enough for you try Kenny's Motor Spares in Exeter you won't find cheaper for aftermarket parts, if you want original ring frf Volvo in Swansea and quote c3, just got service items for our new (to us) 850 from them dirt cheap.

Purdydog Jul 17th, 2014 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevonMarc (Post 1686730)
Well I have been trying and trying to track down replacement door cards for the car, but my efforts are proving fruitless.

The car is looking great now, I purchased the leather cleaning/dye kit and I really want to get on with the seats, but at the same time I want to wait until the door cards are sorted... oh dilemmas!

I really want to give the paint work a good going over to, but work is so busy at the moment I don't seem to have a minute to spare!

Didn't realize you wanted rear cards.
From memory the rear ones on our old v70 are better than the front ones, they may well be un damaged, I'll take a look over the weekend and send you some pics.

DevonMarc Jul 17th, 2014 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatboy130 (Post 1693795)
Was it you in the Yodel van going past Morrison's in KB about 2.45pm today, was walking home but only saw back of van as it went past lol!

It was I, on my way to Quay Autos, before heading to Salcombe!
I would of said hi... but I didn't see you! Oops!!

Mind you it could have been the other driver.. he's called Mark to... very confusing in the depot..

For future reference.. I as a self employed driver have a green and pink van.. Mark.. as an employed driver has a Yellow and Green van ;)

DevonMarc Jul 17th, 2014 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purdydog (Post 1694517)
Didn't realize you wanted rear cards.
From memory the rear ones on our old v70 are better than the front ones, they may well be un damaged, I'll take a look over the weekend and send you some pics.

That would be amazing, cheers. :)

DevonMarc Jul 17th, 2014 22:44

Well... wishbones changed, and the car drives fab!
Almost like brand new in fact!

I am a very pleased guy! :thumbs_up:

DevonMarc Jul 19th, 2014 21:56

I had 4 wheel alignment done today, since the wishbones were done I've had some vibration.
Any way, vibration still there.
4 wheels balanced... vibration gone!
I guess when they took the wheels offto do the wishbones, a stick weight dropped off!

I had the aircon done again, I don't think the monkey did it properly a few weeks ago.
I had a moan and they did a recharge for £20, so hopefully this time I was done properly.
Certainly seems to be performing better.

DevonMarc Jul 21st, 2014 21:21

I spent 11 hours in a tin can today.. AKA a Merc Sprinter.. in 30degree heat with no air con. :sad-smiley-023:

So, when I got back to the depot, parked the van up in the bay ready for the night staff to load up, and I stepped into the Volvo.. the last thing I needed was the blast furnace heat I had hit me in the face when I opened the drivers door.

Well, I started her up, switched on the Air Con, then left her running whilst I nipped to the loo to wash up (so my grubby hands don't dirty the Volvo).
2 minutes later, I got in the car, and wow!

It was sooooo cool inside!
The aircon was blowing ICE cold, the 40 minute drive home was a real pleasure.
People were looking at me like I was mad for driving home in a car with the windows shut... what they didn't know was it was so cool, I was nearly cold!

I love my S70, She's a real pleasure to be sat in.

Purdydog Jul 21st, 2014 22:43

Good for you, just got the 850 air con regassed today at kwikfit, also got them to do an air con clean. Air con now nice and chilly, but not too sure about the "new car smell" they're supposed to have used hopefully it'll wear off soon.

DevonMarc Jul 21st, 2014 22:57

Well I got the Air Con at the Halfords garage. (only place open when I'm not working).
They did an 'anti bacterial clean' apparently.. it does smell pretty though!

Out of curiosity, what did Kwikfit charge?