Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Is there a cheap volvo fault code reader? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=93168)

Lozza Mar 6th, 2011 15:22

It went to a forum member for £350.

Des O'Brien Mar 6th, 2011 21:37

hancym

Have not got 30 posts so could not reply directly.

I am still as i was and still searching none the wiser. I am thinking about contacting Autel and asking them for any information.

DES

hancym Mar 6th, 2011 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Des O'Brien (Post 857043)
hancym

I am still as i was and still searching none the wiser. I am thinking about contacting Autel and asking them for any information.

DES

Sorry, I thought this was a forum and the idea is to share thoughts and information with many in the interest of gaining more than from single dialogue... or have a missed something really obvious.

hancym Mar 7th, 2011 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Des O'Brien (Post 857043)
hancym

DES

Ahh! I see it now I should have read, "I've not got 30 posts..." and I read, "Have not got 30 posts...?"

adam020290 Mar 8th, 2011 10:31

dunno if anyone has mentioned this in this thread, but if you've got an android phone check this out.

torque-bhp.com
and go on the android market and search for an app called torque

you'll need something like this for it to work though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_4213wt_1008

shows error/fault codes, got other features aswell have a look iv just ordered the elm327 bluetooth to try it out but comments on it are good

owenfackrell Mar 9th, 2011 12:28

I need to get myself a code reader as I have a couple of faults as well as the airbag light on (that ones due to an error on my part).
I have found this one. here
Is it a good price and the correct one for a 2004 xc90.
Ta.

andy_d Mar 9th, 2011 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by owenfackrell (Post 858960)
I need to get myself a code reader as I have a couple of faults as well as the airbag light on (that ones due to an error on my part).
Ta.

for a autel 702 thats about the going price, theres some a bit cheaper, theres some a bit more.
they State it will cover volvo to 2005, phone and check 100% it will cover yours before buying, and check with them that IF it wont when it gets to you , you can return it for a full refund.

400-ascona Mar 9th, 2011 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by owenfackrell (Post 858960)
Ta.

That's the one I have, and about the price I paid too, but I got the BMW adaptor cable with it too. It will do what you suggest you need it for above, and its done everything I have needed it for, and saved me a fortune.

Rob.

hancym Mar 9th, 2011 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_d (Post 858971)
for a autel 702 thats about the going price, theres some a bit cheaper, theres some a bit more.
they State it will cover volvo to 2005, phone and check 100% it will cover yours before buying, and check with them that IF it wont when it gets to you , you can return it for a full refund.

You'll have the right to return it anyhow for no reason whatsoever if you want to with a postage refund also. This is covered under the Distance Selling Regulations

400-ascona Mar 9th, 2011 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by hancym (Post 859291)
You'll have the right to return it anyhow for no reason whatsoever if you want to with a postage refund also. This is covered under the Distance Selling Regulations

I used mine on my brothers 54 plate XC90 D5 with no problem.