Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Amazon: Amazon Estate Rolling Project (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=123242)

Burdekin Aug 7th, 2011 21:23

13 Attachment(s)
Just posting some pics from the weekend. Knackered and off to bed, will do a wee write up on progress tomorrow...

JIM C Aug 7th, 2011 21:34

You must be delighted its looking ace. Must be a great feeling getting it all back together.

Alf ista Aug 7th, 2011 22:00

Thats looking great Mitch. Coming together nicely. My, those bumpers are nice and shiny!!

redcar Aug 7th, 2011 22:05

looking good, mitch.. she's a beauty...

Tail Aug 8th, 2011 01:56

Looking excellent m8, hope the rest of the build goes well :thumbs_up:

Volvo Canadian Aug 8th, 2011 06:33

Very nice, a lot of work under the hood.

Just that one itty-bity muffler (loud)?

And what about those rims? I believe you said you weren't that fond of them, and - especially with such shiny bumpers - what are you going with?

Burdekin Aug 8th, 2011 06:39

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys for the nice comments. I am very happy it looks great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 122 Canuck (Post 961481)
Very nice, a lot of work under the hood.

Just that one itty-bity muffler (loud)?

And what about those rims? I believe you said you weren't that fond of them, and - especially with such shiny bumpers - what are you going with?

That long section of pipe is a silencer and then the muffler at the rear as well so it shouldn't be too bad, will see when it goes.

I have a set of Torque Thrust IIs to go on to replace the current wheels. Will get the tyres put on this week and put on the wheels this weekend is the plane.

Burdekin Aug 8th, 2011 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf ista (Post 961387)
Thats looking great Mitch. Coming together nicely. My, those bumpers are nice and shiny!!

The bumpers do look nice. But what a pain putting the front one together by myself, another set of hands would have made things so much easier...

Volvo Canadian Aug 8th, 2011 07:11

Hahahah, I was going to mention that. And when you go to put them on, leave the pieces loose, for wiggle-room.

Nice to have an extra set of hands for mounting too, so I installed a pulley in my roof, and hoisted them up so they hung just-about in place, then bolted it all on. Oh - mine have the bar which goes over and across, so it was easy to attach the rope. See what you can manage, I guess.

I never did get the rear bumper to fit - another last-minute job for when I get home.

Derek UK Aug 8th, 2011 11:55

I'll be interested to know if you had to get the Dremel out to do any adjustments as I have mine to do soon. Still bubble wrapped in the garage at the moment. Did your set come with rubber trims for the overrider edge to bumper join? Mine are a saloon set from Gordons bulk purchase a while back and didn't have them. I did a deal with Harringtons to get a set of estate rear overriders, they aren't available seperately, and they arrived with some trim. Maybe current sets include this. Good to use anyway, as the joint is often a bit uneven.