Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   white amazon progress (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=179308)

swedishandgerman Nov 18th, 2013 16:43

Blimey! I just rewound to page 1 of this thread to compare the finished project to what the old car was like before all your hard work. Wow!

I overtook that there grey Amazon Estate on a transporter truck on the M6 last Thursday and guessed it was destined for the show. I showed a thumbs up from my approx 50 years newer version V70. The driver of the truck looked bemused!

I see that is the Volvo Enthusiasts Club stand which my mate who went reported was a million times better than the VOC stand. But that's how it was the last time I went which was about 4 years ago..

123GT-AMAZON Nov 18th, 2013 16:58

Update

Quote:

Originally Posted by swedishandgerman (Post 1520999)
Blimey! I just rewound to page 1 of this thread to compare the finished project to what the old car was like before all your hard work. Wow!

I overtook that there grey Amazon Estate on a transporter truck on the M6 last Thursday and guessed it was destined for the show. I showed a thumbs up from my approx 50 years newer version V70. The driver of the truck looked bemused!

I see that is the Volvo Enthusiasts Club stand which my mate who went reported was a million times better than the VOC stand. But that's how it was the last time I went which was about 4 years ago..

Thank you swedishandgerman i promised the past owner it would be back on the road in full glory and i was true to my word ;) she held her own very well sat alongside some bobby dazzlers had a LOT of attention at the N.E.C and some keen amazon lovers came over to have a chat and if any are reading this thank you to them for chatting to me and giving the car a look !! had a busy week indeed but the car made it there drove into the show under its own steam although i had to transport it to the show ( sadly i need to do more work on the brake system to pass its M.O.T and some bodyshop final tweeks plus trim and rubber seals in key areas ) soon as i have those last few tasks done i can take it for a drive and see how she motors along .

i will get the photos off my phone shortly and post them plus some stand shots of both stands voc and the vec with images for all pv , 1800 and amazon lovers ;)

but yes the car has come along long way from what it was - a ugly duckling 2 now 1 that outshines the average amazon but all could be like this again they just need some TLC and a few quid spent on them ok maybe a few quid and some more .... but well worth it in the end these cars are just such fun to own getting bucket loads of attention

photos soon ....

kind regards

robert

123GT-AMAZON Nov 18th, 2013 18:51

NEC Images

21 Attachment(s)
here are some pictures some on the event have funny light and i have to resize them off my iphone but the breakdown day had a better light when loaded on the transporter ;)

regards

robert

123GT-AMAZON Dec 6th, 2013 23:33

5 Attachment(s)
Hi Ya Folks

Well it has been a fun packed week lol i have finally got an M.O.T on the amazon now :thumbs_up: and me free road TAX yippeeee :thumbs_up: best bit i was looking forward to walking in the post office and handing over my paperwork to have a free circle of paper stamped up for a year A THANKYOU ..... love it one in the eye for the taxman hes rich enough anyways .

so on my journey to the M.O.T station i found a little list of last gremlins to iron out -

jumpy speedo which when your motoring along sits perfect its just when going through gears it acts up , leaky fuel pump below where it bolts on engine some hermatite and its a job goodin on that one once bolted back up , on the way back from station i had my reverse lights stick on so need to debug the wiring on that and a very good clean up ( big wax session when back from the bodyshop to protect the fresh paint ) , fix the last of trim on like the v-o-l-v-o lettering and some door seals but holding off on that till the paint side of things is all outta the way .

so a day on them tomorrow and then it needs running for a week or two just to settle engine in nicely and " PLOD " is done might need a new name now as i dont think plod suits it ? what do you reckon guys and gals ?, all bar a visit back to the bodyshop for some touchups for perfection :star: its a job well done :star:

regards

Robert

http://phoenix-classic-restorations....on-xro836.html

Iamtheonlyreal1 Dec 7th, 2013 00:30

The car is looking fantastic.. What will the car bring for our efforts? I am just curious, because you basically built a new car out of it.

123GT-AMAZON Dec 7th, 2013 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamtheonlyreal1 (Post 1532196)
The car is looking fantastic.. What will the car bring for our efforts? I am just curious, because you basically built a new car out of it.

Hi Ya

yes i have rebuilt it back to new standard and spec also added since my last post a brand new set of dual circuit front brake calipers , pair of new wheel cylinders , new hoses , fuel sender , rear mud flaps fitted with stainless brackets naturally ;) and a set of chrome door mirrors wired up the OverDrive which works flawless :thumbs_up:

the car at last count up cost me from the point of buying the car till now £4,700 + M.O.T cost but i need to sit and add it up but within a hundred or two its in that ball park figure so thats without any of my labour time ( i will get that all being well down the line from the private reggy/ number plate ) so i would never sell it below that figure what ever it has cost me so i at least get my stake money back but it has been a journey from ugly duckling to a very nice example once again :star:.

one bit of advise i will give others is dont skrimp on the brakes if your car has been off the road for 1-2 years onwards replace everything without doubt it just aint worth it nor the risk :thumbs_up:

regards
robert

123GT-AMAZON Dec 7th, 2013 01:22

B20 engine running

also earlier when i was flushing the coolant system out i had to bring it up to temp for 10 mins with the heater on hot so took a video clip of the engine running it was puring away real nice i was keeping an eye on it closely while it had the flush in the engine ( added a new hose clip to the breather on side of the engine after the video when i drained it all out and flushed through clean water ) so thought i would share the clip if you hear a hum noise its the heater running lol and i was watching the video just a min ago it sounds lumpy but when your in the moment its a lot quieter as the clip shows when i stand back a little :)

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps40465033.jpg

regards

Robert

Amazonjulian Dec 7th, 2013 08:36

Magnificent piece of work. Congratulations

Alf ista Dec 7th, 2013 11:07

Very nice Robert! Great work.
Hugh.