Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   New Volvo car VOC discounts 2008? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=48030)

tickedon Jan 17th, 2008 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 352982)
The discounts showing on our web site are the ones being offered still.

Bob

Are they going to change at some point in the (near) future though? i.e. are they only available while the new figures are being worked out?

Bob Jan 17th, 2008 20:12

Can't say. When/if they change it they will tell me. Volvo are happy the way it is going, 19 cars have been bought through this scheme the past year. That is 7 more than the first year the scheme ran.

Bob

Paul Wildsmith Jan 17th, 2008 21:01

any evidence that there has been a genuine benefit, rather than a discount you'd have got just for asking anyway? My experience about 18 months ago was after negotiating reasonably hard I then asked for the VOC discount and was told they'd used all available discount already.

Chaddie Jan 17th, 2008 22:11

I used it when I bought my current XC70 and got the 4% & Free metallic paint, so that saved me over £1750 and on top of that I got another 5% from the dealer which gave me almost another £1475.

So over £3000 (9% and Free Paint) off a car isn't to bad.

I also used it in 2006 and get a way better deal, I think the VOC was 7.5% (plus free paint) and I got 7% from the dealer, so 14.5% (plus free paint) which cames to over £4700 off a new car.

I'd hope since the new model (V70 / XC70) has been out for a few months the discount Volvo would give VOC would of gone up from the 4% to something in the area of 6%.

CTCNetwork Jan 17th, 2008 22:47

Hi,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Wildsmith (Post 353036)
any evidence that there has been a genuine benefit, rather than a discount you'd have got just for asking anyway? My experience about 18 months ago was after negotiating reasonably hard I then asked for the VOC discount and was told they'd used all available discount already.

Actually, the discount offered here is in addition to any discount you can get from a dealer as it comes directly from Volvo (VCUK) and dealers are unable to apply it!

If you bought a car on that basis then you should complain to VCUK customer service..

Des. . . ;)

Paul Wildsmith Jan 17th, 2008 23:04

sorry to continue to be a bit cynical, or rather skeptical. My experiecne was with a S80, about £31K full price, got close to £25K, then no chance for a further VOC discount. Quick look just now on the internet for XC70 - first link came up with a £4K saving - do you really think you'll get another 4% off? The Volvo 'discount' is a marketing device pure and simple - and ofcourse is not special at all to the VOC, they'll give it to any 'car club' or organistaion - cheap advertising for them!

gareth71 Jan 17th, 2008 23:56

Sorry to hijack the topic, but this is a very quick and simple question - does the VOC members' discount from VCUK apply to Volvo Selected Used Cars purchased from a Volvo main dealer as well? I ask because we're looking for a new set of wheels for the missus at the moment, and an S40 is top of the favourites list right now ...

CTCNetwork Jan 18th, 2008 00:02

Hi,
Quote:

Originally Posted by gareth71 (Post 353139)
Sorry to hijack the topic, but this is a very quick and simple question - does the VOC members' discount from VCUK apply to Volvo Selected Used Cars purchased from a Volvo main dealer as well? I ask because we're looking for a new set of wheels for the missus at the moment, and an S40 is top of the favourites list right now ...

No, as far as I know, this is for the purchase of a new car from Volvo... :)

Des. . . ;)

gareth71 Jan 18th, 2008 00:06

OK, fair enough! It was worth asking. ;)

Chaddie Jan 18th, 2008 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTCNetwork (Post 353141)
Hi,

No, as far as I know, this is for the purchase of a new car from Volvo... :)

Des. . . ;)

Thats how I understand it, its only on NEW cars, therefore Pre Reg. doesn't count since they will already have several grand off the New car price. Also Second Hand cars doesn't count.

But I can confirm the VOCD is from Volvo UK and doesn't effect the Dealers margin in anyway, so if its a NEW car you can have the VOCD and whatever you can haggle from the dealers.