Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Would you buy another Volvo? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=143331)

TurboZutek Jan 17th, 2012 11:15

I'm put off by older Volvos (rattling interiors, crap plastics, bad designs of certian parts becoming a problem) and I'm also put off by newer Volvos (needing DICE or VIDA to do even basic stuff the home mechanic should be able to deal with).

Also, the price of parts is just going up and up, so I'm not too sure about my next car.

Chris...

stu0710 Jan 17th, 2012 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vecais (Post 1071037)
A fairly emphatic 100% of the owners who responded here to date are likely to buy another Volvo.

I wonder what has skewed the JD Power results for the US? Perhaps the Chinese ownership? Perhaps the lack of diesel models available? Perhaps poor after-sales service?

Possibly the fact that they're so used to buying cr*p cars, they wouldn't recognise a decent one............:hidesbehindsofa:

garjon Jan 17th, 2012 13:14

Would only buy another Volvo if I had the option of a spare wheel, which, by the way, I do have on my 2011 XC 60

Mrjon Jan 17th, 2012 13:46

Regarding the spare wheel. I intend to keep mine when I trade in and put it in my new car.They can always take the price of a replacement repair kit off my trade in if they get funny about it.
Can anyone see any problem with that?

david philips Jan 17th, 2012 14:18

only own one at the moment but same answer

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw (Post 1070846)
Personally I wouldn't buy ANYTHING ELSE .. (Mind you I am rather biased I do own 3 of em!!!)

same as same as, totally hooked now.:thumbs_up:

volvorocks Jan 17th, 2012 14:26

Yes, despite the issues suffered, as dealer has been good.Surprised that Merc was at 57% - this could be due to the strong brand image that persuades people?

Also, I can understand why loyalty is high amongst Japanese brands and Korean brands nowadays-good looking product with decent reliability and functionality. Japanese and Korean brands are trying very very hard - and it shows.

TonyM Jan 17th, 2012 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrjon (Post 1071126)
Regarding the spare wheel. I intend to keep mine when I trade in and put it in my new car.They can always take the price of a replacement repair kit off my trade in if they get funny about it.
Can anyone see any problem with that?

I've just bought a new C30 and they were quite happy to swap the spare wheel and tool kit out of my old one.

Mrjon Jan 17th, 2012 15:04

Thats that issue sorted then. Thanks Tony

weble Jan 17th, 2012 15:21

Unlikely, Maybe a newer S80, Or a C30. But most likely a return to Jap for me after this one. I said in another post only yesterday, my '96 Civic has carried it's 150,000 miles much better than my S80, and the Civic has had me driving for the last 20,000 miles and that's not nice for any car!

Matteus XC60 Jan 17th, 2012 15:23

Current XC60 is my first Volvo, and I have to confess, I blimmin' well love it. So yes, would definitely consider buying another Volvo 4x4, but (and no disrespect to any other forum members) I wouldn't be tempted by any of their other range. For me, the XC60 is the family car and it's perfect - I want the other family car to have some sporting credentials, and, for me at least, Volvo still doesn't have that.