Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Volvo United Meet - 21st May??? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=18860)

Grizlyadams Apr 26th, 2006 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissDMeanor
Why Grandad....or shouldn't I ask?:speechless-smiley-0

And going back to what you were saying, Grandad, what about if we had four established 'important' meets in a year where everyone makes an extra effort to attend? Maybe we can introduce some incentives to attract people and make these meets special......just don't ask me what! Some sort of informal award?

And car related venues is an excellent idea I think. Car museums, karting, skid pans?, advanced driving doodahs??? Failing that, anything that people will be interested in?

:)

Well its because ruperts soooooo old! :speechless-smiley-0 thats 3 volvo forums calling him that now...hahhahahahahah

Anyway, yes, good idea on the related venues, the v3m lot have done various car museums at past meets and it works well. If anyone can get time at one of the police skid pans somewhere, that would be cool.....teach all your FWD girlys about OVERSTEAR!!!! :cyclops:

Griz

Suterman Apr 26th, 2006 21:18

well as for venues

theres always drag strips,

I guess its not compulsory to compete, maybe just watch, but they are sure to have a big car park and catering not far away.

ramz Apr 26th, 2006 23:42

id love to come to meet then, but i'm back at home in ipswich.

wouldnt be allowed to go prolly.

one before that could be good.............soo wish could of come to the one on sunday just gone, damn this being far away from everything!

MissDMeanor Apr 26th, 2006 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suterman
well as for venues

theres always drag strips,

I guess its not compulsory to compete, maybe just watch, but they are sure to have a big car park and catering not far away.

Yes, it's a shame we didn't combine before. Volvo-Tech recently had the Avon Park meet which was very successful (& T5 meets at drag strips always elicit a response!).

Can you imagine if a Volvo United meet turned up in big numbers and differing models? We'd defo get a response!

LankyTim Apr 27th, 2006 13:52

Barrow on Trent? Never heard of it. Ive just looked it up and I often work just around the corner. If im free that day ill definately go, looks to be a fantastic venue.

1stRaven Apr 30th, 2006 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissDMeanor
Yes, it's a shame we didn't combine before. Volvo-Tech recently had the Avon Park meet which was very successful (& T5 meets at drag strips always elicit a response!).

Can you imagine if a Volvo United meet turned up in big numbers and differing models? We'd defo get a response!

You should see it when the Turbobricks/V3M crowd hit santapod. That got some looks

foggyjames Apr 30th, 2006 22:18

I should be there. It'd be rude not to when it's so close.

cheers

James

1stRaven Apr 30th, 2006 22:20

Good point actually.

Some have some new mods too by then.

MickR May 1st, 2006 00:06

Just checked the calendar and I'm free, I'll be in the proper Volvo this time, the 940 Estate Turbo..if it survives going to Scotland next week:Dancing_chief:

Pedro Fandango May 1st, 2006 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stRaven
You should see it when the Turbobricks/V3M crowd hit santapod. That got some looks

let us know when they go next time, could perhaps tag along if they don't mind