Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   vibration on steering wheel ( puzzle) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=338667)

BBA Mar 13th, 2024 17:37

[QUOTE=Kev0607;2940408]Engine mounts... ?

If they're worn, they can transfer vibration to the steering.[/QUOTE

Friday I will change brake discs and will go true all engine mountings , will give feedback after that . Thank you and keep pushing :teeth_smile: please .

BBA Mar 17th, 2024 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev0607 (Post 2940228)
So you've checked for bent alloys and inspected all the tyres for bulges or flat spots?

Are you sure all the weights for balancing are still on all the wheels? They can fall off.

:speechless-smiley-4 Thank you for nag so far can't believe both alloys go absolutely out of shape , so two new on order now wait and see.

Kev0607 Mar 18th, 2024 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBA (Post 2941154)
:speechless-smiley-4 Thank you for nag so far can't believe both alloys go absolutely out of shape , so two new on order now wait and see.

You must have been hitting potholes or driving up high kerbs too much for them to go out of shape. Make sure the tyres are properly inflated, so the tyre takes most of the impact and not the alloy.

Alloys don't just go out of shape on their own.

BBA Mar 21st, 2024 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev0607 (Post 2941214)
You must have been hitting potholes or driving up high kerbs too much for them to go out of shape. Make sure the tyres are properly inflated, so the tyre takes most of the impact and not the alloy.

Alloys don't just go out of shape on their own.

I still not sure about wheels as I swap from back to front it is improve but still have vibration on 65mph and higher and very well can fill when release accelerator from 70 to 60 mph Friday arriving two brand new alloys and just bought two brand new tyres when get minute or two will fit them and give replay back.

BBA Mar 23rd, 2024 14:09

Hello again , done it two new alloys whit tyres again done alignment but still have vibration :sad-smiley-047: it is from 65-70 mph when you releasing accelerator pedal it can fill most of it. So I left whit two front bearings and replace lower arms ? they now done about 12k .
Or maybe any another suggestions ? Please.

Kev0607 Mar 23rd, 2024 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBA (Post 2942019)
Hello again , done it two new alloys whit tyres again done alignment but still have vibration :sad-smiley-047: it is from 65-70 mph when you releasing accelerator pedal it can fill most of it. So I left whit two front bearings and replace lower arms ? they now done about 12k .
Or maybe any another suggestions ? Please.

I think you need to bring it to a garage for them to properly diagnose it. Otherwise, you could end up buying more parts without fixing the problem. Its wasting money.

That’s my suggestion.

BBA Mar 23rd, 2024 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev0607 (Post 2942027)
I think you need to bring it to a garage for them to properly diagnose it. Otherwise, you could end up buying more parts without fixing the problem. Its wasting money.

That’s my suggestion.

to be fair the left just how I say before just bearings and lower arms if that not sorted then it is left gearbox , nothing to check at the garage I my self in the garage. But this is unique.:angry_smile:

Kev0607 Mar 25th, 2024 13:41

Have you checked the engine mounts?

BBA Mar 28th, 2024 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev0607 (Post 2942230)
Have you checked the engine mounts?

Hello yes I did they sound good , anyway on the coming Saturday will be going again trough all suspensions if anything will come out will let you know.

Rapido29 Apr 7th, 2024 12:22

A friends car had a vibration and was tearing his hair out trying to find the cause. He drove round to my house and as we walked to the car I noticed a bulge on the inside wall of the rear tyre. It was just lucky the way the car was parked that I noticed it. He bought a new tyre and the vibration disappeared.

It may not help you in the case, but may help someone else.