Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Breaking 1998 V70 AWD Turbo (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=91360)

Triv Mar 23rd, 2010 20:39

Hi, What's the reason for breaking?

I need a transfer box with bevel gear, prop and viscous coupling....

440-Turbo Mar 23rd, 2010 20:43

Hello

My knowledge of cars and their workings is limited. How can I ensure that the parts you require are in good working order?

Thanks

stewart74 Mar 23rd, 2010 20:44

Hi there. Do you have a pull out luggae cover for the boot or the load nets that fix between the seat backs and roof?

Cheers, Stew

440-Turbo Mar 23rd, 2010 20:48

Hello Stew

I do have the parts you require in biege although the net itself is black.

I would like to sell the nets with the interior but would sell the pull out cover.

It currently does not retract and am looking into repairing it. If I have any joy I shall be in touch with you. The price would be £60 delivered in the UK including all fixings and trim.

Triv Mar 23rd, 2010 20:50

Hi, Does the car knock or 'clunk' when being driven, particularly when reversed on full lock? That's about as much as I know. I do know that's what mine did and the local garage just took the propshaft off making it 2WD but quiet!
I would like to return it to 4WD.

440-Turbo Mar 23rd, 2010 20:54

With the prop in place is the car permanent 4wd?

I will try some 3 point turns in the morning and report back. I may need some help in locating the "bevel gear" and "viscous coupling"

I am also unsure of a reasonable price for the parts providing they are in good working order.

Triv Mar 23rd, 2010 21:14

Yes. With the prop in place, the car is 4WD.
The viscous coupling is on the propshaft. It looks like a kind of joint about 2/3rds of the way down. It transfers more drive to the rear if the front wheels start to slip.
To save the transfer box hassle, you could always sell me the gearbox and propshaft complete.
As for price, that's up to you. I will say it's always the 4WD system that packs up on these cars and so 2nd hand ones in good working order are hard to come by. Getting them fixed is expensive.

So anyway, why are you breaking the car?

440-Turbo Mar 23rd, 2010 22:14

The propshaft is still there and there is no knocking when driving or manouvreing even on full lock going forwards or reverse. The gearbox selects all gears fine when stationary and driving.

It is being broken as the tax and mot are all but up and it has been replaced with a 940 sport.

Triv Mar 23rd, 2010 22:21

Great. Thanks for checking.
So, is all we have to do now then is agree a price and work out how to get it from one end of the country to the other?

740T Mar 23rd, 2010 22:53

Is the CD player available?

Also looking for a volvo centre cap from one of the alloys if thats available.

If Stewart74 doesnt take the load cover I could be interested in that also.

Cheers,
C