Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Diesel Engines (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   D19 - S40/V40 to 2004 V40 Cam Belt Replacement (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=51972)

cliveyandrews Aug 15th, 2010 06:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Clifton (Post 357728)
Try these, hope they help. In PDF format require Adobe Reader.

Paul.

Paul, any chance of a repost of the V/S40 diesel cambelt change PDFs...

Mines just gone, I'm happy to do it myself, just needtech guidance....

TIA
Clivr

Baffler Aug 15th, 2010 11:26

Is this the one you're after...? F8QT Workshop Manual (PDF format)

Ken Westcott Jul 7th, 2011 19:54

V40 1.9 Turbo Cambelt Change

I'm about to embark on changing the cambelt etc on my late '98 V40 turbo diesel but I'm bewildered as to the vast number of types of belt available. Before I make a complete hash of this can someone confirm exactly where I can find the engine (serial) number on my engine? I've found the plate above the aperture where you insert an 8mm rod to locate crankshaft TDC and it reads "F8QT" followed by "D4192T". I'm ok with this, it's confirming the engine type, no problem. These two sets of numbers are followed on a lower line by "C 060756" - is this the actual serial number of the engine? I ask because I live in SW France and am buying my parts from EuroCarParts as their prices are about half of the prices motor factors here ask! The confusion rises when ECP quote different cambelt kits before and after engine number 3535. Does this mean my car is really engine number 60756? (long after the cut off number of 3535)

Any help you can give me would be hugely appreciated, thanks.

Baffler Jul 9th, 2011 16:41

You are correct in that your engine number is 60756. This technical bulletin should be of interest to you.

I would strongly advise you to fit a genuine or quality OEM belt.

Ken Westcott Jul 9th, 2011 17:30

Many thanks 'Baffler' - you've saved my bacon! I'm planning on buying a cambelt & tensioners kit manufactured by 'SKF'. I would have thought this was Ok, as SKF are a known quality make of bearings etc.

jimbofrance Oct 7th, 2011 07:19

Sorry to jump on the boat here but any chance I could have a copy too!?

cheers

Aahwoogah Sep 12th, 2012 18:44

Hi there I've just read your post re cambelt for v40 '04 1.9d. I am running the same car. I recently had a cambelt change done by 'bloke in shed' who is a good friends brother. Subsequently I've heard rumours that he has ripped a few folk off by charging for parts he hasn't changed. My question is this: cam I easily gain access to the cam belt to view it or does it require removing part of the engine to examine it. Alternatively shoud I Pay a garage to examine it (done 1k miles ago).

Thanks in advance

James

Aahwoogah Sep 13th, 2012 14:17

Help please!

Hi there I've just read your post re cambelt for v40 '04 1.9d. I am running the same car. I recently had a cambelt change done by 'bloke in shed' who is a good friends brother. Subsequently I've heard rumours that he has ripped a few folk off by charging for parts he hasn't changed. My question is this: cam I easily gain access to the cam belt to view it or does it require removing part of the engine to examine it. Alternatively shoud I Pay a garage to examine it (done 1k miles ago).

Thanks in advance

James

red7 Oct 4th, 2019 09:31

Hi Raddis

Do you still have the PDF available to replace the timing belt on my volvo v40 115 Bhp diesel 2003 ? if so, i would appreciate you letting me have it
Thanks, Mike