Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850/x70 S1 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   1996 Volvo 850 2.5 20v GLT Estate - Manual (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=285756)

AndyPants Sep 4th, 2018 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by amazondean (Post 2444454)
Just to put the pricing into context. I have recently sold my 850 T5 It was in excellent original condition. And I know where to look! full leather as well. 16 service stamps, just been fully serviced including the PCV and more. I advertised it for £1750, then lowered it to £1450 and sold it eventually for £1400 to the only person to view it. I kept it online for several weeks later to see what interest I got. (very little)

These cars are being pushed up by dealers pricing them way beyond their value. The same cars are being advertised Month after Month without sale. The R is an exception may be.

You might not want my value, but I am going to give it anyway.

£2000 to £2500 max

Good luck

I assume you are the same Dean that messaged me on eBay - with the same opinion.

You might not want my opnion, but I am going to give it anyway.

Please find something else to do with your time.

So apparently it's OK for dealers to ask what they want for their cars, but not enthusiasts that have poured countless hours into their pride and joy?

Please keep your opinions to yourself if you are not interested in buying it.

jonnyf90 Sep 4th, 2018 14:19

6k for a 20v N/A 850 really is pushing it.
Maybe in 20 years when there's none left...

GLWS though :thumbs_up:

Cheers

AndyPants Sep 4th, 2018 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper16 (Post 2444491)
Mmmmm, a little harsh perhaps?
I think it's useful for all members to share opinions and experiences ?
There is a wealth of experience within this club, and I for one didn't find any hint of hostility or unpleasantness in Deans post, just what I read to be helpful advice ?

Sharing opinions and experiences is fine, but this is a for sale thread not the general forum... I wasn't asking how much people thought my car was worth, a casual comment is fine, but filling up half a thread with rambling thoughts and comparisons isn't especially constructive.

Neither is people following me from eBay, a couple of days later (which I respectfully replied to previously) to bash out their opinion, again, on something that doesn't concern them. I don't find this constructive, it is unwelcome criticism. Twice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyf90 (Post 2444505)
6k for a 20v N/A 850 really is pushing it.
Maybe in 20 years when there's none left...

GLWS though :thumbs_up:

Cheers

It is, truthfully I have no idea what it is worth. If I'm going to sell it I want as much as I can get for it. I personally feel it is unique in this condition (people often say it looks like a 6 year old car in terms of condition) and whilst it isn't the most desirable engine, it is a low mileage manual and arguably the N/A makes the best noise ;):) It certainly gives you more chance to hear it sing on our roads.

Maybe I'll just keep it and have it as my wedding car :teeth_smile:

AndyPants Sep 5th, 2018 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Nuff (Post 2444707)
Wrong way round. The seller puts a value on his goods, the buyer pays what he feels it is worth.

OP, good luck with the sale. Good ones should never be given away.

Exactly and thank you. As I said before I am in no rush to sell and the truth is for £2000 - £2500 max, I would keep the car myself.

foggyjames Sep 5th, 2018 23:37

I think it’s fine to give your opinion, politely and briefly, but we don’t need three pages of debate. The market will set the price, and we should all let it, without clogging up this thread with repeated opinions.

cheers

James

AndyPants Sep 6th, 2018 07:57

Thanks James, much appreciated :thumbs_up:

AndyPants Sep 6th, 2018 19:31

Price reduced to £4,995 o.n.o.

AndyPants Sep 12th, 2018 21:25

In addition to the first post, which I cannot edit, it has also had the following (on top of other general maintenance/fettling):

• 2014: New genuine Volvo thermostat.
• 2016: New genuine Volvo spark plugs.
• 2017: New Bougicord ignition leads (OEM), fitted second hand fuel pump (looked much newer than original), new genuine Volvo fuel filter, new Mann air filter, new Bosch (OEM) cam position sensor and a new Crank sensor.

All with the aim on making it a reliable car for many years to come.

volvoid Sep 12th, 2018 22:56

Still got it then... fancy that.

amazondean Sep 13th, 2018 15:35

Careful, this guy gets upset when anyone tries to give advice on value!