Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   VOC Section Events (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Yorkshire Section (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=268434)

Bantambuddy Jul 30th, 2018 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by skippyfox (Post 2431303)
Well done Kev. AKA Bantumbuddy . Best in section, Runner up for best in show. A truly well deserved result. All the hard work as paid off. Well done.:teeth_smile:

Still in shock:speechless-smiley-5

pacman67 Jul 30th, 2018 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by skippyfox (Post 2431303)
Well done Kev. AKA Bantumbuddy . Best in section, Runner up for best in show. A truly well deserved result. All the hard work as paid off. Well done.:teeth_smile:

Ditto, not bitter though :tongwink:

Dippydog Jul 30th, 2018 21:14

Although I didn't go I'd say hats off to all who braved the elements to turn out for this.Did anything get decided with regard to the future of the Yorkshire section?

jcoe Aug 2nd, 2018 09:45

Sorry not been very involved since joining. To be honest I don’t have great health and have a brain condition.

Saying that it would be great to meet up with some of you. I live near Northallerton so as about as North as you can get in Yorkshire.

Is there anything coming up I should watch out for?

Bantambuddy Aug 3rd, 2018 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippydog (Post 2431725)
Although I didn't go I'd say hats off to all who braved the elements to turn out for this.Did anything get decided with regard to the future of the Yorkshire section?

Due to lack of interest the three people who deemed to attend the meeting decided that it was not worth making any effort to continue to try and set a Yorkshire section up:confused-smiley-013:sad_smile:

dcw Aug 3rd, 2018 19:55

That's a shame but understandable...

I didn't get to the BKV despite my best intentions and I am sorry for that; I am struggling at the moment between work and health to actually find much time to do the things I'd like, such as car meetings.

I fully support the idea of a Yorkshire section but I know that, at least until life changes a bit (which I am working on, but that's hard in itself) I'd be unpredictable as to attendance, and certainly not in a position to take on running it.

Hmmmmm…….

Anyway, congratulations Bantumbuddy!!

David

V50t5dave Aug 15th, 2018 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bantambuddy (Post 2433235)
Due to lack of interest the three people who deemed to attend the meeting decided that it was not worth making any effort to continue to try and set a Yorkshire section up:confused-smiley-013:sad_smile:

So sad that myself Steve aka skippyfox, Kevin aka bantumbuddy attended the Northern BKV. Ok it was wet but as a result no section. The biggest county and what apathy. Do not moan when you have to go south. I can not say any more you reap what you sow.
David!!!!!!:shocked:

skippyfox Aug 16th, 2018 23:37

Don't want to see this section roll over and die. Given it a bit of thought, so will have a word with Jaki Ragg, about keeping things going. So, if you Yorkshire yobs want a Lancashire lout holding the reins I'll give it a go. Any thoughts, ideas please pipe up. As for Wetherby, yep it was wet. Again well done to Kev, AKA Bantumbuddy. A well deserved win.

Bantambuddy Aug 29th, 2018 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by skippyfox (Post 2438216)
Don't want to see this section roll over and die. Given it a bit of thought, so will have a word with Jaki Ragg, about keeping things going. So, if you Yorkshire yobs want a Lancashire lout holding the reins I'll give it a go. Any thoughts, ideas please pipe up. As for Wetherby, yep it was wet. Again well done to Kev, AKA Bantumbuddy. A well deserved win.

I'm happy for you to '' take the reigns'' and see if the section can be kept going. But as I am the only one to have replied seems it ain't gonna be a big gathering. Thanks again for your congratulations.:teeth_smile:

pacman67 Sep 1st, 2018 21:42

Glad to support, only just noticed the post as currently on hols.