Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   S60 D5 2006 after remap (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=305143)

davebb Apr 25th, 2020 15:14

Hi yes I did , it shows you are getting 457.5NM at the engine,
It could be just not a very good tuner/ map writer, There may not be a problem with the car, Have you got the original file that came of the ECU,
So have you done a smoke test,
Can you get your mechanic mate to look at it, as the internet can not fix it,
if the ECU MAP has been written bad, the only way to fix it is by having a good map done,
Dave

davebb Apr 25th, 2020 22:15

Did you fit a new air filter before this dyno run ,
as the HP drops of after 3000rpm, it should not,
Dave

rockfordbass Apr 26th, 2020 17:26

8Hey dave, just wondering, I read a post about the swirl pots broken and after the remap no difference until the swirl pots were fixed now it goes like a rocket, had this issue about 12 years ago went it went into limp mode so had them fixed, but unsure if they were done properly or not because this is the same fault I'm getting, is there a test to see if there working correctly or not, didn't have new filter fitted but about a year ago it was changed, garage who does the smoke test is closed at mo, if boost was leaking wouldn't I hear it or not get 20psi

rockfordbass Apr 26th, 2020 17:52

So had this map done about 10 years ago and felt no different when I drove it, so took it to arc tuning for rolling road which you saw output, they said they could make it quicker doing a remap, they sent ecu to celtic tuning, when it came back it felt slower than before, wasn't happy with it so got them to put old remap back on, this is where I'm at, the mechanic is only that not a tuner, not got file as tuner doesn't map anymore

davebb Apr 26th, 2020 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfordbass (Post 2623144)
8Hey dave, just wondering, I read a post about the swirl pots broken and after the remap no difference until the swirl pots were fixed now it goes like a rocket, had this issue about 12 years ago went it went into limp mode so had them fixed, but unsure if they were done properly or not because this is the same fault I'm getting, is there a test to see if there working correctly or not, didn't have new filter fitted but about a year ago it was changed, garage who does the smoke test is closed at mo, if boost was leaking wouldn't I hear it or not get 20psi

Hi if there was a boost leak it could still make 20psi , but the turbo would be spinning faster to make the same boost, so there would be more heat,
when the smoke test is done make shore they do it just after the MAF Sensor, Pre turbo/boost, as if there is any leaks anywhere from the MAF the air that is getting in will be unmetered so the ecu will not inject the correct amount of fuel,
Like I say my s60d5 lost 20bhp because there was a split in the cold air pipe,
you can use vida to do testing of the flaps I think, I do not have a euro 4 D5, so not 100% shore,
Dave

rockfordbass Apr 29th, 2020 13:51

So got that Bluetooth working saying 21psi on boost, going to do a drive tonight to get a log, got loads of settings is there any thing that I should check, also if the swirl flaps weren't correctly fitted would it pop up a error code, could they of done something on the cheap, cost me 350 I think and the arm etc looks all new, waiting until lock down is done then booking in for smoke test, dave anything else

davebb Apr 29th, 2020 14:38

Hi I don't know anything about the swirl flaps,
Dave

barrybritcher Apr 29th, 2020 14:51

Is your MAP reading 20psi or do you actually have 20 psi of boost.

That's a massive difference between the two.

Eg atmospheric pressure of 14.7 plus 20 boost is MAP of 34.7

Clan Apr 29th, 2020 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfordbass (Post 2623988)
So got that Bluetooth working saying 21psi on boost, going to do a drive tonight to get a log, got loads of settings is there any thing that I should check, also if the swirl flaps weren't correctly fitted would it pop up a error code, could they of done something on the cheap, cost me 350 I think and the arm etc looks all new, waiting until lock down is done then booking in for smoke test, dave anything else

If the swirl flaps stick shut you loose 50% of your intake air flow , rather like having one inlet valve instead of 2 .

walshawwilly Apr 30th, 2020 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2624004)
If the swirl flaps stick shut you loose 50% of your intake air flow , rather like having one inlet valve instead of 2 .

Hi clan how can you check this, would it bring the engine light on? Thanks