Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Group buy for Volvotech CFE and other Volvotech products (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=221293)

ronmanager Feb 3rd, 2015 14:06

I'm in for a CFE - I think I'm number 8. And I'm in SE London

Ta

C320 Feb 3rd, 2015 17:24

1. C320 - CFE - Happy to act as London / South East delivery hub (SE)
  2. 12345 - CFE - Beds (SE)
  3. Simon Jones: 1x CFE + 1x lead to connect video out from iMIV to RTI (exact part number to be confirmed) + 1x reversing camera lead (exact part number to be confirmed) - I can be delivery contact to cover south / south west if required. (SW)
  4. Curly59 - CFE - Stoke-on-Trent (NW)
  5. Stu Smith. - CFE - I'm between Bristol and Bath happy to collect from Simon in Salisbury (SW)
  6. VivaLaVolvo - CFE I'll also be going for a RTI filter cable thingy to eliminate those annoying lines on the screen but that's not included in the discount. Hopefully it can be shipped for free though with the CFE - Happy to receive order for North West. Also travel around a bit so can potentially deliver or meet closer to others. (NW)
  7. craigelee - CFE, cable to factory nav unit & reverse camera kit - South East (SE)
  8. ronmanager - CFE -London (SE)

cvsmjd Feb 4th, 2015 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by C320 (Post 1841009)
What type of car do you have - is it an XC90?

Doesn't invalidate warranty as it doesn't effect any wiring. In fact they have been quite clever how they've designed this. As soon as it detects Volvo's diagnostic software (VIDA/DICE) the CFE unit goes to sleep. It then needs to be re-enabled using a couple of keypresses or the unit needs to be re-connected to a PC. Some information in here, cable types covered from post 61 onwards: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=188051

Yes its an XC90

will probably go for this if I figure out what I need.

C320 Feb 4th, 2015 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvsmjd (Post 1842548)
Yes its an XC90

will probably go for this if I figure out what I need.

If it's just a CFE you're after you could just buy the unit itself and plug into the OBD port. A lex on here loosened a couple of screws on his and managed to fit it in there and close the OBD port door.

The guys at Volvotech are really helpful. Drop them an email and they will help you through the options. If you'd rather keep your OBD port free then assuming you have RTI nav there's a cable for that, or of you have the accessory module (AEM) they have a connection for their too. I believe the AEM is behind the panel on the right hand side of the boot.

C320 Feb 8th, 2015 22:41

I intend to extend the closing date on the group buy. Essentially we need to hit 15 units for this to be viable for all concerned.

So I think I'll leave this up until end of February, fingers crossed that there's some additional interest.

Theeggman Feb 12th, 2015 09:29

Volvotech Offers.

Heads up folks.

Volvotech currently have reversing cameras on offer at 50 euros, I don't know when it will end.

Also if the order is over 250 euros there is free shipping globally, but only until Sun 15/2 night (valentine offer).

Tim.

C320 Feb 12th, 2015 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theeggman (Post 1848371)
Heads up folks.

Volvotech currently have reversing cameras on offer at 50 euros, I don't know when it will end.

Also if the order is over 250 euros there is free shipping globally, but only until Sun 15/2 night (valentine offer).

Tim.

Thanks Tim. However, for clarity you would still need an interface box e.g. iMIV for that to work. The camera by itself at 50 EUR wont do anything :(

Theeggman Feb 12th, 2015 15:15

I am aware of that, the iMIV is 175 euros at present.

Tim.

P.S. The camera is normally 95 euros, so a 45 euro discount is worth grabbing if you Wish to buy.

C320 Feb 12th, 2015 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theeggman (Post 1848586)
I am aware of that, the iMIV is 175 euros at present.

Tim.

P.S. The camera is normally 95 euros, so a 45 euro discount is worth grabbing if you Wish to buy.

It was on my wishlist but the iMIV doesn't appear to be compatible with the XC90's :(

The other reverse camera solution for the XC90 is the VBB4 for 275 EUR which isn't too bad either...

Theeggman Feb 12th, 2015 18:45

As far as I can see the only requirement is a DVD-RTI and a HU radio.

Maybe an email to Bob at volvotech could clarify the issue.

The price reduction plus free shipping is worth further enquiries.

Tim.

P.S. If you choose to order (whatever) the free shipping ends on 15/2.
I've just ordered a reversing camera kit plus CFE.